View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #379
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Fifteen Knuckle Shuffle:

SPOILER: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
It was announced at Thursday night's NXT TV tapings that Mickie James would challenge NXT Women's Champion Asuka for her title at NXT TakeOver: Toronto on November 19th. The news was also confirmed by WWE in an Instagram post.
Quote:
Despite his status for the tournament being put in doubt when Hideo Itami was forced out of action with an injury, Kota Ibushi continued on in the second annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

It was announced by William Regal at Thursday night's NXT TV tapings that Ibushi would team WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins in the tournament. Ibushi and Perkins previously faced off in the semifinals of the Cruiserweight Classic, where Perkins picked up the win before going on to defeat Gran Metalik in the finals.
Quote:
Though it's been known for some time that he had signed with WWE, Roderick Strong officially made his NXT debut at Thursday night's TV tapings.

Strong was announced as Austin Aries' mystery partner in the second annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. The duo took on Niko Bogojevic (now known as Otis) and Tucker Knight in a first round match.

Strong and Aries have regularly teamed together in the past, including a reign as Ring of Honor tag team champions.

Spoiler tags used since its related to the recent set of NXT tapings.

Quote:
Billy Corgan has filed suit against Impact Ventures (TNA), Dixie Carter, Serg Salinas (Carter's husband) and COO Dean Broadhead in court today. The documents are sealed but the gist is that things between Corgan and Carter fell apart over the past week or so, where Corgan was expecting to buy the company and for whatever reason, that was not going to happen. Corgan then wanted them to pay him back the money he had put into the company in funding the recent tapings and obviously they couldn't do it. Corgan was asking for an injunction and will have a hearing on it this coming Thursday at 11:30 a.m. Corgan is requesting a jury trial. There are also issues with music rights for the show that airs tonight to the point at one point there was a question if Pop would air the show but the show is airing. The lawsuit being filed was not a surprise but everyone involved has gone silent since the suit was filed. There are also claims that in negotiations that key financial information was withheld.
Quote:
There is a second lawsuit that was filed two weeks ago by Audience of One Productions, LLC against Impact Ventures (TNA), Aroluxe LLC, Ron Harris of Aroluxe and Dean Broadhead as well. This suit, filed in Richmond, VA, was for Audience of One doing production for TNA TV tapings in June and July 2015, as well as for last year's Bound for Glory show. On October 23, 2015, Audience of One sent an invoice for $288,039.04 for the production of those events. On November 9, Broadhead of TNA sent them a letter saying TNA was working hard at closing a new television deal and to please hung in there with us. They sent another invoice of November 17, 2015. Broadhead continued to stall them from collecting. Broadhead on January 29, 2016, paid some of the workers a total of $29,001.57. Broadhead then proposed a payment plan for six payments from March through August. TNA made the first payment but haven't paid anything since, according to the complaint. They are asking for the remaining owed $222,123.43 plus interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the TNA ownership situation is still in limbo as nothing was settled at last week’s tapings. TNA doesn’t have to worry about money for tapings until the beginning of January, and at that time some international TV revenue is coming in. But the company still owes a lot of money to several different people.

Aroluxe and Corgan are still both in the game in regards to buying the company, but things are reportedly heated behind the scenes involving Dixie Carter, Billy Corgan, Aroluxe and John Gaburick. There is a lot of heat on Carter for not getting deals done and the vibe was said to be depressing. The other group that was reportedly interested (that wanted to do live events and expand the company) is out of the running to buy the company. WWE is also said to be out of the picture right now.

There is no word on where the money came from to finance Bound for Glory and the TV tapings, but it was likely one of the three minority owners; Fight Network, Corgan or Aroluxe. Talent is hoping that Corgan gets the company, and are aware of how bad the situation is right now. The blame for the Carter/Corgan talks going south is on Carter with talent feeling that she had been deceptive and that she didn’t address any issues before the PPV. Some even thought that she was “playing dumb” to avoid addressing the situation.

Talent on guaranteed deals are scheduled to be paid on October 15th and the 30th. The talent not on guarantees and production people are also owed money for the last tapings.
Update regarding the mess involving TNA trying to get new ownership.

Quote:
Due to a neck injury he suffered at an NXT live event earlier this month, Hideo Itami is officially out of the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Itami announced the news in a video on Thursday afternoon. He was scheduled to team with Kota Ibushi in the tournament before being forced out of action.
Itami's hoping to be back before the upcoming NXT tour of Japan at the end of this year as a goal. Link to the video from Itami: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786605069282123776

Quote:
“She has moves to show off that you’re not going to believe, as long as she lives through it,” said Flair, discussing Charlotte’s upcoming battle with Sasha Banks. “She isn’t afraid of anything, and she’s going to go out and make a statement again—and there is no talking her out of it. You didn’t see me do any moonsaults off the top of a cage, but she has something really special in mind for the cage.”
From a recent Ric Flair podcast teasing Charlotte and Sasha have something big planned for their Hell in a Cell match.

Quote:
Cena is once again in the news as his television show, “American Grit,” starts filming this week and he’ll be out of action for several months. His timetable is likely similar to last year, where he left in October and returned right after Christmas. He’s missing Survivor Series, and will likely miss the 12/4 TLC Smackdown brand show in Dallas. The No Mercy PPV was his final TV appearance, which explains his losing the fall in the main event, as well as why at the house shows in the three-way matches, he would lose the fall to A.J. Styles instead of Dean Ambrose, since Styles vs. Ambrose has to carry the brand the next few month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Sports
Cena married Elizabeth Huberdeau in 2009, but the couple was divorced in 2012. Cena supported Laurinaitis' idea to sign a pre-nup, saying it was a necessary safety net. He then revealed that before Nikki Bella moved in with him, she had to sign a contract.

“Having been through that process, here is how I view it. It is like buying a handgun for home defense. It gives you a sense of security, and it gives you a failsafe in case something happens. And those who buy a handgun for self defense pray, pray they never have to use it. Without it, it’s a dog fight.

I had to have your sister sign an agreement to live in the house. And that’s - it wasn’t a one-page, it’s a 75-page agreement.”
Link to the article: http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/n...hn-cena-101316

Quote:
Regarding the Chris Benoit documentary, Matt Randazzo V, who is with the project said the current screenplay is based on his book, “Ring of Hell,” and will be a factual adaption of the movie and he’s had no talks about playing loose with the facts. He said as long as he’s been involved with the project that nobody has ever suggested anything to portray Kevin Sullivan as a suspect, nor giving Johnny Grunge the storylines of things that didn’t happen
Quote:
After fracturing his orbital bone at NJPW’s King of Pro Wrestling show earlier this week, Michael Elgin is officially out of his scheduled Power Struggle main event match next month.

Elgin was scheduled to challenge Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship on the November 5th show, but the eye injury has forced him out of action for the time being. Jay Lethal will replace Elgin and challenge Naito for the championship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The official WWE Australia Twitter account announced that cameras will be filming material for WWE Network at the December 8 live event in Melbourne:

For one night only…we'll be filming content for the @WWENetwork at #NXTMelbourne. Be there for another NXT first! https://t.co/wwfJRsHb8j pic.twitter.com/1fjpbbjlHk
— WWE Australia (@WWEAustralia) October 13, 2016

The main event on that card has already been announced as NXT champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe in a steel cage match.
Quote:
Yesterday it was reported that Paige is set to undergo neck surgery next Wednesday and will be out six to seven months. According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE doctors believe that she doesn’t need surgery and the situation has reportedly become a legal issue.
Quote:
Bret Hart on Facebook wrote an apology to Michael Hayes, HHH and Seth Rollins regarding things he's said about all three in the past. He said it was unfair what he wrote about The Freebirds because they did great business in Texas with the Von Erichs and that Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts and Ronnie (he meant Jimmy) Garvin always treated him with respect. But he did say that he believes Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Jimmy Hart, The Rougeau Brothers,The Killer Bees, Demolition, Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy and One Man Gang should all be in the WWE Hall of Fame.
Link to the apology: https://m.facebook.com/hitmanbrethar...54639035499443

Quote:
Not sure if Hayes cut a promo on Hart on Ric Flair's podcast because I don't know if it has been taped yet. But Hayes was planning to do so as he wasn't happy with what Hart said about The Freebirds not belonging in the WWE Hall of Fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley penned a post on Facebook regarding Seth Rollins' in-ring style leading to the former WWE champion being labeled dangerous ...

"I have been hesitant to write this article, because one of the people advancing the opinion of Seth as unsafe is "Hitman" Bret Hart, a WWE Hall of Famer, certified legend, and one of the elite performers in the history of our business. I have nothing but respect for Bret and count him as a good friend going back 20 years. Let me make it very clear that I have absolutely no desire to get into any social media feud with Bret Hart. But because Bret is so highly thought of in the wrestling community, his words carry an incredible amount of weight, and that reputations of Rollins as a dangerous performer has been gaining momentum. I won't even pretend that I am the player in this business that Bret is, but I know quite a few people respect my viewpoint, and I feel like I owe it to Seth, and the fans who make his living possible, to share my feelings, and hope they are considered before a verdict on the safety of Seth Rollins is reached.

The evidence against Seth seems to focus on the two injuries from the Rollins "turnbuckle bomb", to Sting and Finn Balor, and the broken nose John Cena suffered in a match with Seth. I wrote about that injury to Sting in a Facebook post from September, 2015, in which I opined that certain moves become more and more difficult to pull off and to absorb as safely as we age. I speculated that while the old adage "the legs are the first to go" for a boxer at age 30, that in pro-wrestling, it's the muscles of the neck - so necessary for keeping the chin tucked firmly to the chest during landings - that may be the first to go. This could very well have been the reason why the Rolins turnbuckle bomb, used safely on hundreds of occasions, created a whiplash effect in the neck of Sting, 56 years old at the time of the match. In my opinion, the injury was not Seth's fault, not Sting's fault, or WWE's fault; it simply may have been a case of trying to push back the hands of time a little too far, a little too fast ...

The broken nose to Cena was just an accident. I broke Goldust's nose in WCW by accident, while Vader broke mine on purpose a few months later. Goldust does not blame me, and I do not blame Vader.

Sometimes, injuries just happen. It's part of what we do. Seth Rollins is a safe wrestler. He works an intense, highly physical style, as do most of the WWE Superstars. Those moves look good for a reason; there's a sense of realism to so many of them – a realism that is absolutely necessary in today's day and age, when there is such a vast array of alternatives to watch on television, tablets, laptops, YouTube – and even our own WWE network. Current fans often express their discontent with the direction of the company, especially the direction of Raw. That's fine. Sometimes I think the discontent is a little overblown, but I can live with it. But man, does it bother me when people overlook hard work, dedication and the willingness to try new things, often at great expense to themselves that today's WWE Superstars endure in their effort to excite, excel and entertain. Seth Rollins embodies this spirit. He deserves to be remembered for his dedication to his craft, and for his willingness to go above and beyond to participate in great matches for WWE fans around the world. That's the Seth Rollins you need to know - the real guy, not the rep!"
Link to Foley's Facebook post that has more of his personal stories about injuries: https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFol...653193231481:0

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, next week's AJ Styles vs James Ellsworth WWE title match will be the first time since January 2015 a member of the Shield wasn't involved in a WWE title match.
  • For those in the UK, ITV announced they have plans to start taping wrestling shows for their channel with the idea of a pilot show to be taped by mid-November and consider the idea of a weekly series within the near future. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...art_wrestling/
  • During a recent interview, Gran Metalik revealed he won't be returning to the WWE till his CMLL commitments ends after November.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote