View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #34501
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Damn right. Best Axel was Payl Heyman Axel before Ryback stunk it up. Flair and Axel would be cool I think although I wish Axel was on Smackdown Live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
You sure it was Ryback's fault? You sure it didn't have something to do with WWE creative being horrifically bad and Curtis Axel being almost as bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I have a soft spot for Curtis Axel. He's a wonderful enhancement guy, in my opinion. He'd make a great bag-carrying henchman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Haha, being compared to his father is what absolutely kills Axel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Have to live the gimmick with my favorites. Better than Perfect was a "perfect" phrase for a heel Curtis Axel. Never really liked the guy as Michael McGillicutty but as soon as he debuted as Curtis Axel and embraced his lineage, I was a fan. WWE gave him a small push with the count out wins over HHH and Cena and I was hooked. Hate to see the guy not do anything because he can truly wrestle and can be entertaining given the chance.
I think where it came off the rails was pretty much the writers abandoning his newly packaged badassery after like three weeks to relegate him to "lackey meatshield" for Paul Heyman. They could've brought in another "Paul Heyman Guy" for that role while still transitioning Axel into legit threat territory. There is only so much seriousness fans are willing to invest when a guy is consistently being beaten up backstage and counting the lights in matches. This would sound like fundamental psychology, but has been a thing WWE has dropped the boat with for years and years at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
I'm not a fan of trap music, but I feel like I can get behind such a gimmick change for Bray. Especially if JoJo transitions to valet.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote