View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #8
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Cool

Defo need a new Metroid. Not been a total fan of the Prime series but adore the 2D ones.

Forgot to mention that Nintendo has a patent on a controller that is all screen, but has buttons within the screen itself, which is a bit weird.

Quote:
The patent suggests a few uses for this tight melding of physical controls and touchscreen display. Virtual buttons could be placed on the touchscreen right next to the thumbpads, for example, providing context-sensitive inputs that change throughout the game. In-game items might be used simply by touching them, or music notes could fall directly into the thumbstick areas in a music game.

The touchscreen can also provide a "guide image" in "help mode," according to the patent, telling players the function of each thumbstick and button right next to where they are in real space. A circular menu could be placed around the thumbsticks as well, allowing for different options to be chosen directly with different tilts of the thumbstick; the patent spends a lot of time describing a quick-entry hybrid keyboard that could work in this way.
For me, I hope it's something they've just been playing around with. I'm not a fan of touchscreen buttons and much rather have the real thing.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote