View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 02:15 AM   #45
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Quote my vitriol on the topic of 2001: A Space Odyssey please. I initially thought you were being sarcastic because I don't see any bitter criticism or malice towards 2001 in here.

I think what has happened here is that you are another fanboy who gets upset when people don't just accept that your views are the truth and you have chosen to accuse me of something despite being unaware of its definition.

That would be stupidity. You are guilty of stupidity in here.

2001 did not exclusively influence every single sci fi film made in the decade afterwards.

Are you deliberately being a thick bastard?
Are you confusing me with Destor? Because I think you confused me with Destor. Which means you aren't taking the time to read and absorb before you respond. Or don't drunkpost. Whichever fits this.

I never at any point said 2001 exclusively influenced films in the decade blah blah blah. That's a paraphrasing of what Destor said. However, the slurpfest from other high profile directors about 2001 around that time is pretty accurate, so I didn't dispute it like you seem to be.

My first post about Kubrick ploughing your mom and filming it was sarcastic. You must be new here. Before you respond to that inaccurately, I am fully aware that you are not new here I've seen you around before posting in other topics that was again sarcasm. I guess I'm going to have to go back to using [/sarcasm] in my walls of text.

That bit you quoted from me even mentions how much I wasn't exactly a champion of 2001, but I'm somehow a "fanboy"? How does that work?

You're picking a fight on a message board with at least three people over a film that two of us aren't exactly disagreeing with you over how boring or good it is or isn't; but you seem to conflate your personal opinion of it not being good with not being factually hugely influential - which it was. You pose your responses in a way as to deny that important folks actually did like it and actually did site it as something that gave them mindgasms to do the shit they wanted to do, and the progeny of flims inpired from the inspired films owe something to 2001 by proxy.

But I'm the "thick bastard", right? Watch throwing those stones, Mr. Glasshouse.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote