View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #42
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
One of the most overrated films ever put to screen. Kubrick wasn't a genius.
Quote:
No, it's easy to say because it's not a great or particularly good film. It's a very pretty, absurdly boring graphic novel. It looks exactly like a great big comic minus the action and adventure.
I'm not a fan of films that rely on visual effects rather than scripts. I'm not a Kubrick fan at all and aside from that I firmly believe that long before 2001 there were better films that offer more to the genre.
Arthur C Clarke was pretty cool though.

Rod Serling was the greatest contributor to screen science fiction and there's more credible, thought provoking, provocative writing in a Twilight Zone 30 second intro than in the three hours of 2001.
Quote:
I'm not denying the technical prowess of the film nor am I arguing against anybody enjoying it.
What I am saying is that to me it is simply boring.
I'd get bored of looking at any pretty things especially if they didn't do much beyond look nice. That's why I don't hang pictures up.
Quote:
Kubrick just wasn't my kind of storyteller. Him and Michael Cimino had a lot in common that way. Too busy painting with cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
That was a lot of vitriol over 2001.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
I like that he says everybody else is upset. This all started with his revolt against one of the most well known major influences in cinema. Cause he didn't like it.

None of this is vitriolic.
It's certainly unforgiving, but clearly not vitriolic or a "revolt". Saying something is boring is not bitter or malicious you idiots.

You guys are fucking terrible interpreters.

If someone makes a thread about something you cannot expect everybody to respond positively if they don't like it.

Fuck off.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote