Thread: Westworld
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #187
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I just watched the entire thing across two nights.

Westworld is the best first season of a sci fi show since Rod Serling brought out The Twilight Zone in 1959.
It may be the best introduction to a series I've seen this millennium. I mean I'd have to say the writing, acting and production in Westworld are more immediately attractive to me than the opening seasons of Breaking Bad, Narcos, True Detective, Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones, The Wire, The Sopranos, Banshee and Sons Of Anarchy.

I think only Justified, Deadwood and Vikings gave me anywhere near as much instant gratification.

This is pretty much a perfect season for a person like me. It's also one of the most sensibly feminist shows I have ever seen. Virtually every human male is in some way obviously pathetic, lacking or just plain detestable. I think a place like that would be filled with the worst kind of dirty bastard. Alongside that they have done a fantastic job writing the dialogue for Thandie Newton's Maeve and Evan Rachel Wood's Dolores, even the human character Theresa was written so that you could enjoy the dramatic u-turn her situation takes and suddenly sympathise in horror as the realisation dawns on you.

I loved this show.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote