Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #24
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah Solaire is the guy before the dragon, he leaves a summon sign before the Gargoyles if you are in human form and will help with the fight.

The knight you rescued is Lautrec, I rescued him too but what you probably should have done is leave him there or kill him because he's actually a bastard. He goes back to the Firelink Shrine and sits at the part below it on the side of the mountain across from the silent woman in the cell who upgrades your Estus flasks. He kills her eventually while you're out adventuring and leaves, but it shuts off the bonfire at the Firelink Shrine. You get to take revenge on him later in the game and get the soul back off him so you can revive the woman (although I used her soul to upgrade my Estus flask and now the Firelink Shrine bonfire is gone forever).

As for the Black Knights, basically in this game you can beat any enemy at any point if you're good enough and/or patient enough at the combat, depending on your tactics. I beat them using the Drake Sword and a good shield and just avoiding their heavy attacks. You can't expect to beat anyone in this game if you take hits, but conversely if you avoid getting hit (or have the correct armour/shields) you can beat anyone. Stamina is the most important thing in the combat, probably even more important than high HP. Keep an eye on your stamina and remember that keeping your shield up slows recovery, while having low stamina means that you can get stunlocked or take damage even while blocking.

It's worth killing them because they drop their weapons and, if you have the stats to use them, they're pretty good. Get yourself the Drake Sword by buying a bow and 50-100 arrows off the first merchant, then shooting the dragon's tale from beneath the bridge. It takes about 10-15 minutes to do, but be patient and just keep hitting the tale with arrows and eventually it drops off and gives you the Drake Sword, which will one-hit the majority of the early enemies and make fighting the Black Knights much easier.
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote