View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 03:09 AM   #167
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I mean, what I can see about Reigns is Vince just loving the idea of the 2018 Royal Rumble pissing off the Philly crowd in the same way as the 2015 one. Come on, that's totally Vince. Can't you just imagine them getting Rey to come in as #30 again, and for Rusev to be the last guy in there again, especially given how popular he's gotten? Vince will be laughing maniacally in the back -- "Goddammit they hate him!"
Vince is too back and forth with that though. He appeases the marks half the time and then pisses them off the other half. When he's got an opportunity to not piss them off, he usually goes with what they want though. Like... when Reigns won, there was only one world title and he was dead set on Reigns going to WrestleMania. So it's not that he was doing it to piss off the crowd. It was the only realistic way to get to what he wanted.

With two world titles, he can give them the same false hope he loves to give when there's two world titles. "OH MY GOD! WRESTLEMANIA IS SAVED! REIGNS (or Cena before him) LOST THE RUMBLE AND ISN'T GOING TO MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA!"

Then they go on to main event WrestleMania anyway because there's another world title and so his plans aren't fucked with at all. If there were two world title during the whole Daniel Bryan debacle, Bryan probably would have won the rumble that year too because Vince would have been like "Why the fuck not? Let them have their other title and put Batistia in the WrestleMania main event anyway. I don't give a fuck."
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote