View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 04:39 AM   #18
Corporate CockSnogger

Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lucha Underground is about the only wrestling I've watched in years.

It's daft, Has some ridiculous plot lines (and a lot that are great and more interesting than anything WWE would do) and the "wrestling" side of it is all style, no substance, but I think with age that's all I give a shit about now. I'd rather see a 10 minute match of people hitting each other with weapons and jumping off of high things than any number of rest holds and traditional wrestling where nothing of note happens until the last minute of a match anyway. I couldn't care less about any of that any more.

The storylines are fun as are most of the characters. There's dragons, spacemen, lizard men, gangsters, bikers, cyborgs, drug enthusiasts, unstoppable monsters that are actual monsters and a bunch of regular wrestlers whose motivation for actually doing something is properly explained.

Almost every match has a reason for happening and there's no filler. Every single character is involved in a storyline and because it's only 45 mins long you don't get the same characters every week so they don't get stale. Vampiro and Matt Striker are also great on commentary.

So basically it's the polar opposite of what I last saw with WWE and from what I read every now and then it hasn't changed at all.

It's very fun for someone who got fed up of wrestling a long time ago and definitely worth watching.
Corporate CockSnogger is offline   Reply With Quote