View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #40
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I didn't want to come in here and ruin anyone's Jinder party, but it seems mostly like objective criticism, so I will join in:

* I hate that they put the WWE Title on a jobber.

* I hate the condescending racism attached to getting a shitty Indian heel and just assuming it will galvanize an extremely complicated Indian market behind him.

* I hate that he's probably in the ten worst wrestlers in the company and has been skipped ahead of the line because he's shredded.

* I find his promos and ring work extremely bland and boring.

I cancelled the Network after he became champion. I used to keep it around for the classic stuff, but I cannot give them any more of my money. The message this sends me is that talent and continuity doesn't matter. I mean, sure, that's been the case for a long time now, but this was just one audacious move too many.

I'm sure Jinder is a great guy, and I'm sure he's having the time of his life right now. Good for him, sincerely -- but I can't watch it. For the sake of discussion with someone, I watched snippets of him on SmackDown. He felt very cold, and while his matches are constructed to be as "heelish" as possible, it lacks the melody of a true top heel act. Just because he slides off someone's shoulders after raking their eyes, it doesn't mean he's a great heel act. There's more to it than that, and Mahal just doesn't academically have it right now.

Ultimately, this thing seems like a giant miscalculation to me. I haven't watched SmackDown and it cost them my $10 a month. I can't imagine people sincerely really caring, and all the positives in here seem ironic in nature. I'd like to see that equate to huge revenue for them, but I don't think it will. Good for him and good for them if they prove me wrong. They've never pushed a chickenshit heel like this as the World Champ and have it work though, so I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of that.

I just read that SmackDown is squeezing a Battleground in there between Money in the Bank and SummerSlam. Good lord. I'd personally have Cena win the WWE Title as the free agent on July 7th SmackDown, show up with it on RAW a few times, tease something with Samoa Joe, and then beat Mahal at Battleground in his last showcase as a WWE main eventer. Then I'd consider reforming 3MB, because I truly think that was the best use of Mahal.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote