Thread: Logan (2017)
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:09 AM   #130
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Ok Destor has got me thinking about this movie again and I really didn't say what bothered me about it in my post viewing post.

First like I said once X-23 started talking I lost interest in her. Would have been great if she didn't say anything until she repeated the lines from Shane.

Also to be 2029 there wasn't a lot of futuristic cars other than Logan's limo and the non driving self driving cargo haulers, he buys a 13year old truck that looks brand new, and there is 50 year old Chevy Suburban and a Ford Bronco in excellent condition.

I didn't like the animantium poisoning either, especially after it was revealed that the corn syrup was suppressing the mutant gene. Logan drank enough whiskey that should have caused his powers to start to slip.

How did the comic book come to be true? Like no explanation of that at all. Who got the other kids there? What's in Canada for them? A lot of questions for a movie that's supposed to be an ending but I guess they could answer some in future X-23movies.

I loved the action though and the little girl was a bad ass up until she started talking. She just seemed more savage without speaking was more annoying afterwards. I think they over thought somethings and underthought others and it seemed like it was rushed being put together to me.

I think all the positive reviews about it got me expecting it to be great but it just wasn't for me. I'd rank it as the 3rd best X Men movie after Days of Future Past and Apocalypse. Not bad just not well thought out in my opinion.
1) Personally I didn't mind her talking. She did fine with her acting and felt like a real little girl, especially when she was arguing with Logan over the comic book. To each their own though. This point is very subjective after all.

2) That's realistic. The real world doesn't change that much. I mean honestly 2029 is just a little over 20 years from now. Look at the differences between 1980 and 2000. You'd see differences but not enough that you'd think "the future" when seeing it. Cars were still cars, etc, etc. I find it hard to believe we'll advance very far in the next 20 years even in our world and we haven't been hit with multiple world threatening events and a mutant race war.

3) If they'd switched it to the corn syrup people would be laughing their asses off. That's a stupid explanation for Wolverine dying. What's more the adamantium poisoning is pulled strait from the comics, and it makes completely sense from a biological standpoint. If you coat someone's bones in any substance that doesn't breath their body can't perform basic functions like replenishing blood. The fact that Wolverine's healing factor was able to keep up with what the adamantium was likely doing to his system in the first place was pretty impressive in and of itself.

4) I'd say it's safe to say it's a group of mutants and mutant sympathizers that are waiting in Canada for them. There are quite a few noteworthy Canadian mutants in the X-Men comics and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were brought into this timeline's continuity as members of this group. It makes sense that Canada would be more supportive of mutants as well since in our own real world Canada tends to be extremely progressive compared to the United States. I'd also argue that it's that same group who likely built the little shack where the kids were staying. They've probably been using it as a rest stop for refugees for a while I'd imagine. As for the kids getting there, well, I'd imagine there were other nurses and doctors helping with the escape plan. I mean I can't imagine one woman pulling it off even if all she took was X-23. They probably orchestrated an escape and split the kids up. It's likely there were even more kids at the start that just didn't make it. I'll admit it would have been nice to know more on this particular subject, but it's not really an important piece to the plot.

Overall I think you're probably just the kind of person that gets annoyed around kids period (so a large portion of the population.) X-23 honestly wasn't any more annoying than any real kid I've ever met. In fact she was less annoying than many of them even when she was shouting. Again though that's all subjective. The girl definitely did extremely well at looking fierce, and her silent shtick did add to that in some way, but I don't personally feel like her talking really hurt it any either.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote