Thread: Logan (2017)
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #39
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Calling X-23 a female wolverine is a gross oversimplication of the character. I'm not saying she could replace hugh jackman's wolverine, but she could be a great addition to the franchise in her own right.

Also, while the franchise has had a number of female x-men over the years, none of them are real "badasses". That's something x-23 can bring to the table.

Mystique should be badass, but instead they turned the character into a one dimensional hero, just because they didn't want J-law to be evil or something.
You are right, but I'm just not sure 'mainstream' would see it this way. If there's too many 'female hero's' in one movie, I think it could turn people off.

You need your penises in there whether we like it or not. Storm, Jean Grey, Mystique, and Jubiliee (if they ever do anything with her), is more than enough. You also got that one chick (heel chick that supported Apocalypse in that last movie) who will likely play prominent roles in future movies.

Most casual fans like me don't know who X-23 is. Most non comic books nerds won't know who she is.

It's a far easier sell to just bring in Gambit to help fill the star power void of the departed Hugh Jackman.
Heyman is offline   Reply With Quote