View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 11:47 PM   #34023
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
It's all about what fits the character. Hot talentless chicks don't need to win matches and look strong. Just make them valets or something and get them over based on being hot while hiding the negatives. Asuka should be booked as a world-beater. Someone like Eva Marie, not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Yeah, like I was never a fan of Maryse in her first run, but she's fantastic in the role she's in now. I actually really like that they're leaving the wrestling to the wrestlers, and putting the hot chicks who aren't great in the ring, into roles like valets and interviewers. It's a good happy medium.
Trish wasn't that great in the beginning either, but she was more of a glorified arm charm for a tag team until she was able to (eventually) come into her own as a singles wrestler. Meanwhile, I was never really a fan of Kelly Kelly, and she never improved, but got the big championship run anyway because "she be hawt". Same with Nikki Bella (Brie is a marginally better wrestler, but that's like comparing the smell of a hot summer dumpster to the smell of a hot summer manure delivery. She seemed like she had the aptitude to improve with time, but always looked to play second fiddle to Captain Funbags for whatever reason you want to insert- be it tits or Cena or whatever). I don't even have to get into how I felt about Eva Marie, my hatred for that nonsense is well documented.

Pushing eye candy is what caused the need for the so-called "women's revolution" to begin with. For years, any Diva's division angle was usually just a piss break waiting to happen or a clusterfuck multiple tag match just to get everyone on TV for a couple of minutes unless it was something "special" like Lita vs Trish. What good does it do to have something nice to look at when nobody is looking?

Also, I agree with the original sentiment about Asuka not exactly being any kind of harsh on the eyes. She might not be the cup of tea of that "every red-blooded 'Murican" demographic, but she is pretty enough. And has ring ability and her own charisma to boot. As long as they don't change her "destroy bitches because they can't hang with me" demeanor when she hits the main roster, she should be fine. And Liv just needs time and something to differentiate her. There was awhile where I legit couldn't tell her and Carmella apart.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote