View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #9509
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Recent Power Rangers flick:6/10

They did a lot of things I thought was really good. The film opened with a digital oner with the camera on a swivel in the cab of a truck for the duration of a high speed pursuit. Really brilliant shot.

The charatcers were fleshed out pretty wel really and had good chemestry with one another.

They werent afraid to play the theme either which i appreciate. Would have liked it better if they had hit it on the Megazord but i suspect they feared it would be too campy...it ran the risk of coming off that way but the theme plays well imo.

However with the exception of the opening chase sequence the action was all shot poorly and even worse was the choreography in general. Everything in the climax felt meaningless for the most part.

The plot also suffered. They took the time to develope the Rangers, which was the right choice, but ultimately the actually conflict of the film was underdeveloped and rushed. Again making the final 30 min of the movie feel out of place.

Alpha 5 was awful and I will never speak of this again.

Ultimately I'd prolly watch #2 for free like I did this one if they ever make it but im def not going to the theaters for this frachise and I'm glad I skipped this one when it was having its run.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote