View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #19
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
Bret was the guy leaving the territory. Least he could do is put over the guy WWE asked him to on the date they requested. Nash didn't bellyache about putting over Taker is him home country. He also didn't whine about putting over Shawn also in his home country. It also didn't prevent him from getting over in WCW. Bret was selfish.

I don't see how some convoluted angle on RAW would do any good. As it worked out Bret being selfish was the best thing that ever happened to WWE. Some may call it karma.

Oh don't get me wrong - I largely agree with you on Bret. Bret, in many respects, was as much a pain in the ass as HBK even if Bret had more noble intentions much of the time.

However - given the personal relationship between Bret and Vince, I just think the ugliness could have been averted.

1) Legally, Bret would not have been able to show up with the WWF title on WCW anyways.

2) The whole idea of wanting to make Shawn look 'strong' via clean win over Bret, was completely negated by the fact that Undertaker manhandled him at the next PPV anyways.

The only way Shawn cleanly defeating Bret would have made sense, was if Shawn defeated Undertaker in a convincing way as well, but this obviously didn't occur. Hence - my suggestion for the DQ finish where you have a similar ending to Wrestlemania 12, but with the Hart Foundation interfering.

On RAW the next night, Bret threatens to leave the WWE but then Undertaker (a.k.a. "The Conscience of the WWE" challenges Bret). Bret then admits that he's always respected the Undertaker and that Bret never backs down from a fight, and so he accepts the challenge.

Voila - Taker defeats Bret, and then jobs to HBK at the next PPV as par the course.
Heyman is offline   Reply With Quote