View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 01:16 AM   #1294
Sting Fan
Blander Than Ever

Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
I have to agree with Road Dogg. I'm sure in three months nobody will care because we'll all be used to it.

A good chunk of wrestling fans seem to be very protective of what they watch and along with some of them wearing their nostalgia glasses, they don't like change unless it's change that they want.

When the ropes changed to white a few years back, some fans complained. About a month or so later, nobody cared about the ropes.

When the stages for Raw and SmackDown changed to the HD setup, people complained. Again, a month or so later, nobody cared.

When Titantrons were scrapped in favour of what we have now, people complained, but now nobody cares.

And I really don't need to go into detail about when changes are made to the designs of championships.

But that's (some) wrestling fans for you.

Personally, I will miss pyro and I'm sure guys like Kane and special appearances from, for example, Batista (if that ever happens) will have their pyro but to me, it's no big deal.

Anyway, with the amount of cold openings Raw done before the second split, I'm used to not seeing pyro all the time.

I admit I dont follow that avidly anymore but arent ratings down quite brutally across time? It seems a bit of a narrow view to think no one cares about those things if ratings are down.

I'm not saying thats necessarily the reason but any business taking a "they will get used to it approach" when one of its key metrics is falling seems short sighted to me.
Sting Fan is offline   Reply With Quote