View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #13
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
When I first saw Austin Aries in ROH, I was actually blown away. He was so fluid and he managed to hold my interest really well. His rise to the top in TNA actually convinced me to order a TNA PPV. He and Gail Kim/Awesome Kong are the only performers to be able to claim that. That being said, since he signed with the WWE I just haven't had the same feeling from Aries.

I don't know if it is the environment or that the guy simply has shaken it up much over the past decade or so, but he didn't feel "effective" in whatever role they used him in. Given that he is under 205lbs, it makes sense to use him in the Cruiserweight Division. I honestly thought they'd switch the belt over to him, but I was kind of relieved when they didn't, because Neville has been absolutely awesome since winning it.

Aries obviously wants to go elsewhere. Maybe he becomes the new chief gaijin for New Japan if Omega decides he wants to go to the WWE? Or maybe he returns to TNA and has another run in the X-Division after interviewing Sonjay Dutt with a banana? Maybe he just takes a break from wrestling and lets his body heal up? I can't say I am particularly excited about the future of Austin Aries, but I am glad he gave WWE a go and he seems happy about his next move.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote