View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 01:26 AM   #174
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
NJPW is doing...fine. but the country is not. The only promotion with solid footing is njpw everything else has gone under or is barelty afloat.

The only company stateside...or reallyt north america is WWE. no one else is doing big business. Theres some money south of the boarder and because of that id say NA is better off than the rest of the globe.

EU is dead. Yeah the UK is hot but thats absolutely it. Which is a first. Historically Germany has had money.

AU ive had some friends down that way in the past 2 years and all speak highly of it but its all indy level pay days.
I've not heard any mumbling about anything hot in AU. Maybe it is just something I don't have my ears onto, but I certainly haven't felt any buzz. Good for your friends though, I hope I hear about them soon.

Onto the other places -- hasn't this all been dispelled as myth? I mean, you pretty much covered it, Desty, but isn't the idea that New Japan is in the best position it has been in for years only really congruent when you are comparing it to years it was basically in the toilet? And everything in Japan is pretty much dead, as you said. It's not like you've got New Japan, All Japan and NOAH all striving for dominance. It's New Japan and then DDT doing crazy shit as a goof as "anti-wrestling," but I'm sure that's not exactly like All Japan '95.

This UK being hot thing though. Like, it's getting a lot of internet buzz, but is it getting any legitimate cultural buzz? Or is it just the hardcore fan leftover from the hangover of the Attitude era? I just ask because people make it sound like it's some sort of renaissance, but I just don't see the Queen attending a Progress show anytime soon. I mean, didn't World of Sport fall through because there wasn't enough interest?

Not trying to be cynical, but a legitimate question: How hot is the UK really? Or is it just fans' perspectives that it is hotter than, say, the crippled scene in Iowa by comparison?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote