View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 AM   #34
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I agree with the larger point, but you'd think "smart" fans would be smart enough to play along for their favorite heels. They've got to wink and let everyone know how "smart" they are for not knowing that the dumb wrestling is fake.

When it comes to people not giving a shit, I blame the product; but I think some fans are just people you wouldn't want to be on a car ride with. But the product has attracted them. So yeah -- make things better and stop catering to these fuckwits.
Smart fans in 2017 can smell the bullshit and are more inclined to call out the bullshit rather than play along with it. (The bullshit being "This guys is a face. And that is literally all the effort we're going to put into that story.")

I've said it before. They COULD make faces who appeal to both smarks and kids/casual fans and heels who both hate. It just requires good booking that they can't be bothered with nowadays because the business is dead and the only company who can bring it back is content with just leeching off the scraps and taking what they can from the old people who still hang on to "rasslin' because it's rasslin'" and kids who will watch anything bright lights and violence.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote