View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #994
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Braun taking out some trash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night was down from the past two weeks but the 3.33 million viewers has to be considered strong for a regular show with NBA playoff competition.

The show only dropped three percent from the Superstar Shakeup episode, even going against two strong NBA games on TNT, the Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers game that did 3.58 million viewers against the first half of Raw, and the Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs game that did 3.17 million viewers against the second half of Raw ...

Still, in this day and age, any Raw number over 3.2 million viewers for a regular show has to be considered successful ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.41 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.47 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.17 million viewers
Quote:
From Chris Aiken on why Steve Austin wasn't at WrestleMania this year: "Steve Austin sold his Broken Skull Ranch property outside Tilden, Texas. He revealed the news about the 2,100 acre ranch on his podcast. In going public with the news, Austin also dispelled rumors related to him not appearing at WrestleMania 33 in Orlando. He said any rumors of him being at odds with WWE are false, and added that he missed attending WrestleMania because he was too busy with the process of selling the ranch property, among other reasons related to his schedule and workload. Austin went on to say he and his wife would like to buy another ranch closer to where they live in California. He said the traveling distance between their home in Marina Del Ray to Tilden was too far. In selling the property, Austin retained rights to the 'Broken Skull Ranch' name as his intellectual property and the new owners will rename the ranch."
Quote:
WWE is running a sweepstakes where people who are current WWE Network subscribers and have subscribed since before August 1st, 2014 are entered to win a trip to WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. Those eligible for the sweepstakes have already been entered automatically and will receive one entry for every day that they've been subscribed to the Network.
Quote:
Ken Anderson will be wrestling for Ring of Honor for the first time on April 28th in Hopkins, Minnesota. He'll be challenging Marty Scurll for the ROH World Television title.

ROH revealed that EVIL and Hirooki Goto are set to appear on the upcoming War of the Worlds tour. KUSHIDA and Tetsuya Naito were announced for the tour yesterday.
Quote:
Officials from both Impact Wrestling and AAA detailed how the promotions plan to collaborate in the future at a press conference in Mexico today.

It was announced that they would be exchanging talent, with wrestlers from AAA working Impact's Slammiversary pay-per-view on July 2nd and wrestlers from Impact working Triplemania XXV on August 26th.

Bobby Lashley, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, and Moose have been confirmed for Triplemania. Jeff Jarrett said at the press conference that the AAA wrestlers appearing at Slammiversary haven't been decided on yet.

One of Impact's titles will also be defended at Triplemania.

The promotions revealed in a press release that they plan to run "co-branded live tours" in the fall as well.

Impact and AAA officially announced their working agreement at Rey de Reyes in Monterrey last month. Since Anthem Sports & Entertainment took over the company, Impact has struck a deal to partner with ITV on the World of Sport revival in the UK, announced an alliance with Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan, and also began a working relationship with The Crash (which is a rival promotion to AAA) in Mexico.
Quote:
Matt Anoa'i, who was best known in wrestling for his time as Rosey in WWE, passed away yesterday at 47 years old.

News of his death was announced on social media this morning, with Anoa'i's ex-wife noting in a Facebook post that he was aware that his health was fragile. He was previously hospitalized for congestive heart failure in 2014.
Quote:
On Twitter, Mauro Ranallo, when plugging his calling Showtime boxing this coming weekend, said, "You best believe I'll be calling pro wrestling again, too."
Quote:
One half of The Revival will be out of action for the next several weeks after suffering an injury.

WWE.com announced today that Dash Wilder fractured his jaw at an NXT house show over the weekend. Wilder last wrestled when he teamed with Scott Dawson against Shinsuke Nakamura & Hideo Itami in Spartanburg, South Carolina on Friday night.
Supposedly happened from a stiff strike by Itami that nailed Wilder's jaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling (formerly TNA) admitted before the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia that the company indeed breached their deal with former production company Audience of One Productions, LLC and that their Repayment Agreement with AO1 was a "valid and enforceable" contract in a filing on 4/14.

As part of that admission, Impact Wrestling agreed that the remaining balance they owed AO1 would be paid immediately, plus interest. Impact agreed to pay AO1 $336,602. The court officially closed the lawsuit yesterday with prejudice, which means that as long as AO1 is paid in full, they could not bring new claims against the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
As noted, Shelton Benjamin will be returning to action this week for the first time since undergoing surgery for a torn rotator cuff last fall. Benjamin was scheduled to return to WWE until the shoulder issue was found while taking the company's physical.

Benjamin took to Twitter to clear up any confusion regarding his WWE status. He noted that he never actually signed with WWE because of his injury and he is currently a free agent.

"Let me clear this up now. I am not signed to @WWE," Benjamin wrote. "I never signed due to injury. While that could change, as of 4-16-2017 I am a free agent"

Benjamin will be wrestling Mike Orlando at this Friday's "World War 360" Brii Combination Wrestling event in Elmhurst, NY. It is his first match since last July.

@MFSteveHere @TheSonOfMuta @JoyOfBearding Let me clear this up now. I am not signed to @WWE. I never signed due to injury. While that could change, as of 4-16-2017 I am a free agent
— Shelton J. Benjamin (@Sheltyb803) April 16, 2017
Quote:
The two major WWE pushes for this year are Baron Corbin on the SmackDown side and Braun Strowman on the RAW brand. While both are being groomed as top stars and the top heels on their respective brands, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE officials have higher hopes for Corbin as a main event talent.
Quote:
Maria Kanellis is set for a WWE return and her husband Mike Bennett is coming with her, according to a report on Monday by SportsKeeda.

Mike and Maria are reportedly headed to WWE's SmackDown brand. PWTorch reported today that a return to Impact Wrestling was a possibility but WWE's offer was more appealing to the couple.
Quote:
WWE is reportedly planning on using the "Broken" character for Matt Hardy. Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is working on a deal with Impact Wrestling to use the character on television, which has yet to be finalized.

Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote