View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #993
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Dean's Wacky Dive:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The WWE has initiated settlement talks with Mauro Ranallo's representatives. It was pretty much incumbent that was going to have to happen.
For some reference, Mauro's current contract doesn't end till August 2md and if its anything like Del Rio's non-disparagement deal, WWE is likely spending over a million for it.

Quote:
Peter Rosenberg
@Rosenbergradio

"I apologize in advance to anyone who is listening to cheap heat hoping to hear me bury JBL. I only speak on my experience-not ur storyline"
Host of Cheap Heat podcast show and pretty much outted himself as not wanting to risk his business relationship with the WWE to cover the bullying saga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Former WWE Stars Ken Anderson and Shawn Daivari appeared once again on the Pancakes and Powerslams Show and discussed whether WrestleMania 33 was The Undertaker's last match, as well as backstage JBL stories. They sent us these highlights:

How to stop JBL's hazing backstage:

Anderson: "I read something where he told Justin Roberts to go kill himself, everyday. He would say stuff like that, but the minute somebody would fire back at him, or just no-sell it, [they'll] be fine. He wouldn't keep hammering... I'm not saying that his way is right, but people are really, really sensitive nowadays for that reason."

Daivari: "Whenever I hear about John being a bully to whoever, and the specific names that come out, it's because the person he was quote-unquote bullying was trying so hard to get over with him. Like, dude, not everybody is gonna like you. Maybe [John] doesn't like you, you don't have to prove a point and defend [yourself]. If he says you're a dork and he hates you, you don't have to prove to him that you're not a dork and he should like you. Just let it go."

Anderson shares a time where both Edge and John Morrison stood up to JBL:

"Paul Heyman told me this story about how JBL was needling Edge on a bus, overseas. Edge was pretty new to the company, and [JBL kept needling him]. JBL had a beer in his hand, Edge just stood up, and swatted the beer out of his hand, and said 'Let's go right now. I'm sick of it.' From that point on, JBL said 'Oh calm down, sweetheart.' Everything was smoothed over, and he didn't mess with him again.

"[John Morrison] stood up to him one night. JBL didn't like the way him and Miz had sold at the end of their match. They hadn't celebrated enough. [JBL was getting on him], and Johnny basically just snapped on him, and told him to mind his own business. They almost went at it."

Daivari shares a story when he stood up to JBL:

"John came [backstage] and just picked me as his target. A bunch of people weren't watching [his main event match from backstage], and he goes, 'Shawn Daivari doesn't need to watch the main event! Shawn Daivari knows everything about everything in wrestling! Shawn doesn't have to watch the main event! He's good, he's got it!' And I said, 'No. You've been doing the same match 17 nights in a row. I can call every single move you did, I can tell you exactly what happened, I can tell you what heat you did to the crowd to get them involved, I've seen it! No, I don't need to watch it tonight!'"
Link to the interview and more highlights: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ing-up-to-jbl/

Quote:
Booker T will be returning to WWE commentary for a limited time.

Though it was announced that David Otunga would be joining the Raw announce team and swapping places with Byron Saxton as part of WWE's roster shakeup, WWE.com noted yesterday that Otunga would be absent from the show for the next six weeks because he's filming a movie.

The website teased the announcement of a replacement for Otunga during that period, then revealed Booker T as the choice today. He'll be calling Raw alongside Michael Cole and Corey Graves.
Quote:
The company's quarterly report will be on 5/4. That will cover the first three months of the year, prior to WrestleMania. The report that would cover WrestleMania wouldn't come out until late July or early August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 4/13 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 302,000 viewers, down slightly from last week's 309,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE's website ran a story noting that New Day's Big E will be officiating weddings in Los Angeles next week. Big E tweeted a few days ago that he would be officiating weddings the weekend of 4/20-4/22 and he can be contacted for wedding bookings at MarriedbyBigE@gmail.com.

Speaking of New Day, there's been talk of keeping them off TV for their official "debut" on Smackdown until Kofi Kingson is ready to return to action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Alexa Bliss was interviewed by FOX Sports about her move to the Raw brand. Bliss said she learned officially that day she was moving to Raw and even when she got travel, she didn't know if it meant she was moving or they were bringing some talents to the show to throw fans off.
Link to the interview: http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/gallery...results-041317

Quote:
Raven spoke with Title Match Wrestling during WrestleMania weekend to talk about a number of topics. In this video, they focused on Goldberg and his time in WCW. Here are some of the highlights:

Wrestling against Goldberg:

"Havin' that match with Goldberg was great for both of us - not at the time, for me, because I was just one more number on the train - but the quality of the match, when Goldberg wasn't having the most outstanding level of matches, and continued not to have them. Which he'll admit, he'll be very frank about it, that he didn't have great matches."

Bad booking decisions with Goldberg's WCW run:

"I think the problem with the run of Goldberg at the end, wasn't that the matches weren't longer, but was that they beat him. Ya know? They never should have beat him, he had the whole company on his back. I mean, I think that was a purely ego-driven decision and it wasn't based on business...I would have definitely kept him undefeated a lot longer. I think the mindset was - besides being slightly ego-driven - was the fact that, 'Well, we have to beat him, it'll be to give him sympathy,' but it just wasn't time for it yet. I mean, he was a unique thing that didn't apply to the rules, he was an exception, and sometimes that's why there are exceptions to rules."
Quote:
During a Q&A, AJ Lee was asked about one specific time when she was walking to the ring with Big E and Dolph Ziggler. It was when Big E was stretching his arms back and mistakenly hit her hard in the chest. AJ said afterwards she played it up that she was hurt for the week and even told Big E her sternum was broken before eventually saying she was fine. At the Q&A she said:

"He's like the most - also, I can take a lot of pain, so I was just like 'Whatever,' - but he's the most gentle giant and so, we got the back and he's just like 'Oh my god! Oh my god!' He was on the verge of tears and was like 'What can I do? Are you okay?' and so I thought it would really - you know, to be a really good friend - I was like 'let me make him feel so bad about this.'"

@AJBrooks talking about the time @WWEBigE almost broke her sternum pic.twitter.com/MdlsoHOgz6
— Cynthia (@FactsAJ) April 14, 2017
Quote:
WWE issued a Fan Council Survey this past week and asked fans which elements would interest them for a "House of Horrors" match. The elements listed were:

* Cage
* "Sheeple"
* A match set outside the arena
* Darkness
* Mirrors
* Creepy/Scary
* Fire
* Projected images
* Music
* Pitch forks
* Fog
* Other
* Nothing different
Some new details about what the WWE is currently considering as ideas for the WWE title match.

Quote:
We noted before that Bray Wyatt's "Superstar Shakeup" move to the RAW roster appeared to be a late decision as his "House of Horrors" match with WWE Champion Randy Orton, now announced for the April 30th Payback pay-per-view, was originally being planned for the May 21st Backlash pay-per-view. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that a lot of the changes were last minute but some of the changes had been locks for some time. Wyatt apparently replaced AJ Styles, who had been penciled in for a move to RAW going back several months ago.

Besides Styles, there was also a plan to move Roman Reigns and that move was still being discussed as of late. It was noted that moving Reigns to the blue brand would also require them to move Braun Strowman and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar as top summer storylines involve Strowman working against Reigns to get to Strowman vs. Lesnar while keeping Reigns vs. Lesnar alive with the idea of keeping them apart as long as possible. WWE officials are still planning on doing Reigns vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans.
Some details regarding why Reigns and Styles didn't move brands from the "Superstar Shakeup."

Quote:
As previously noted, it became public knowledge that Dean Ambrose and Renee Young are a married couple. While they filed for marriage back in October 2016, a ceremony was reportedly just held this past weekend in Las Vegas. It’s unknown if there is any heat on Ambrose and Young but there is speculation about why WWE put them on separate brands right after their ceremony.
Quote:
To fail USADA test your epi/test ratio has to be 2:1 or greater.

To fail WWE Wellness test your ratio has to be 10:1 or greater.

To sum it up, you have to be pretty dumb or have very bad timing to fail WWE testing.
From a thread a couple days ago on r/SquaredCircle about Jinder Mahal's recent bulking and how hard it would be to fail a Wellness Test. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...d_steroid_use/

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Website Fightful recently had an article regarding the potential aftermath from Youtube restricting ad revenue for wrestling companies using their service. http://www.fightful.com/youtube-ad-r...otentially-wwe
  • NJPW's owner stated if the upcoming US tour ends up being a success, they will seriously consider holding more events in the US for the future.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 12th anniversary of the debut of Cena's Spinner version of the WWE title.
  • According to a belt maker for the WWE, the company still has plans of giving the blue treatment for the WWE title soon to match other belts given the same red/blue design because of the brand split.
  • According to the Observer, next major feud for the NXT titles is set to be Authors of Pain vs Heavy Machinery.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote