View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #988
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Destroyer of the Roman Empire:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
With a show based around talent movement, Raw ratings, while falling from last week's 2017 high point for the Raw after WrestleMania, remained strong, doing 3.42 million viewers ...

For a comparison, the same show one year ago did 3.52 million viewers but that was a regular Raw episode and not a show built around talent changing brands. But a three percent year-to-year drop is far below the usual double-digit drops that have been the case with most weeks this year ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.43 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.60 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.26 million viewers
Quote:
Glenn Jacobs (better known as Kane to wrestling fans) is officially running for political office.

Jacobs launched his campaign to become mayor of Knox County, Tennessee at an event at Sweet P's BBQ & Soul House in Knoxville today. The announcement was a formality given that Jacobs had filed paperwork to appoint a campaign treasurer last month, which would allow him to begin raising money.

At the event today, Jacobs promised to keep taxes low and make Knox County somewhere that people can be proud of.

Though he's labeled himself as a Libertarian in the past, Jacobs will be running as a Republican. The election to replace current Republican mayor Tim Burchett, who can't run again due to term limits, will take place on May 1st, 2018.
Quote:
Wrestling DVD Network posted the content listing for the DVD that WWE is producing on Kevin Owens that will be released in July. The first disc will be a documentary, the second will have special features and matches, and the third will have more matches.
Quote:
Mark Haskins will face Mark Andrews in a number one contender's match for PROGRESS Wrestling on April 23rd. The winner will get a shot at Pete Dunne's title.
Quote:
The angle at Raw last week where The Revival took out Kofi Kingston's leg was to cover for the fact that he needed ankle surgery.

WWE reported that Kingston had ankle surgery and will be out of action for several weeks.

Dr. Chris Amann gave what may have been the real diagnosis, although obviously was not the actual reason for the injury on the WWE.com website saying:

"During the attack by The Revival, Kofi injured his right ankle and heard a crack, and was unable to put weight on his leg following the attack. Further evaluation and an MRI revealed that the attack had caused fragments of bone to break off the ankle bone (talus), requiring arthroscopic surgery to remove the bone chips from the damaged joint."
Quote:
Regarding the situation with Katsuyori Shibata and surgery that was reported on the New Japan web site for a subdural hematoma suffered in the match with Kazuchika Okada, that may be storyline to put over the brutality of the match.
Current speculation is the injury is real but NJPW is now using it for storyline purposes.

Quote:
For fans of old Mid South Wrestling, the WWE Network has added more new shows this week and now every show from December 1981 through January 1983 is up, in order, so it actually can be watched as is. That was some of the best episodic television of its era, or really, any era. That would be the Junkyard Dog heyday but before the real boom in 1984.
Quote:
WWE Studios filed a lawsuit against BitTorrent in a copyright infringement claim in U.S. District Court in Connecticut on Thursday alleging they distributed their movie "Eliminators." They are asking for $150,000 per infringement plus court costs in a jury trail.
Quote:
Several news outlets including USA Today, the Indianapolis Star and Pro Wrestling Sheet have reported that Ric Flair was kicked out of a bar, the Deck at the Gas House in Fort Wayne, or calling a bartender a "fat ass," when she poured a new drink into his old drink. This was caught by someone's camera phone and because of Flair's celebrity status got covered in a lot of places. The Indianapolis star reported that Flair was only there for a few minutes before being kicked out.
Quote:
After involving himself in the Ranallo situation yesterday by claiming that ESPN doesn't report on "rumors," Jonathan Coachman said that he's done covering WWE for ESPN, noting that he doesn't have the time and has a big project coming up. He also said that there's no bullying culture in WWE.
Quote:
Jim Ross confirmed that he'll still be calling NJPW on AXS even after returning to WWE. As Dave Meltzer has reported in the Observer, Ross has a non-exclusive deal with AXS and officials from the station expected him to continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Numerous sources have confirmed to PWInsider that Finn Balor suffered a concussion last night against Jinder Mahal on Raw, his first singles bout back since returning to WWE TV.

There is no word yet how long Balor may be out.

WWE has not officially acknowledged the injury as of this writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As noted in TV taping results for Ring of Honor, Kenny Dykstra and Mike Mondo debuted doing their Spirit Squad team. The original plan for their debut was to have them challenge The Young Bucks at the last Hammerstein Ballroom event, but those plans were changed when Matt and Jeff Hardy left TV and became available to ROH for a short run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
The Miz spoke with The Wrestling Compadres about the time he went on Talking Smack and completely lit up General Manager, Daniel Bryan. He also talked about how he has "no filter," once he gets going.

"You guys are getting an exclusive here, I don't think I've ever told this. So here was my day up to that point: I wasn't written on the episode that day and I'm the Intercontinental champion. This is the title that I've loved since I was a child, and I don't want to be the guy who says, 'I'm going to make it great,' and then not do anything. I want to make it great. So I told them to put me on 'Talking Smack.' They asked, 'Well what are you going to do?' And I said I'm going to rip into Daniel Bryan. And then I guess I kind of went overboard. And when I go, I have no filter. It's everything that is fueling inside of me and I just black out.'"

The Miz also indicated that Bryan's response wasn't scripted:

"He actually left. I didn't expect him to leave — I expected him to hit me. The things I was laying in to him on were very below the belt and very mean and very rude, but when I go, I just go."
Link to the interview: http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/w...shakeup-040817

Quote:
There has been a lot of interest in signing former Ring of Honor star Lio Rush for the WWE NXT brand, according to PWInsider. Rush recently finished up with ROH and was backstage for the post-WrestleMania 33 RAW in Orlando last week. Rush previously held the Maryland Championship Wrestling Tag Team Titles with current NXT Superstar Patrick Clark.
Quote:
As noted, Mauro Ranallo returned to social media this weekend and has been very active on Twitter after removing any WWE mentions from his profiles. While Mauro received a ton of support on Twitter yesterday, it was noted on today's Wrestling Observer Radio that JBL was blocking people that were tweeting the well wishes. JBL also blocked people that were following both he and Mauro on Twitter.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote