View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #983
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtshets sponsored by The Face That Runs The Place's glorious hair:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The Raw after WrestleMania, in what is traditionally the most-watched show of the year, did 3.76 million viewers, which is up from the 3.61 million for the show the day after the Royal Rumble. It was down eight percent from last year's 4.09 million on the similar show, but that's good in comparison since Raw most weeks is down double digits from the same week a year earlier ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.83 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.89 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.58 million viewers
For some historical comparisons, last year's After Mania show had around 320k more viewers and 2015's show had 1.6 million more.

Quote:
While things are still pretty vague, WWE.com has revealed some details about the "superstar shake-up" that was announced for next week on Monday night. Raw and SmackDown will be allowed to "make trades, deals and other moves that they feel fit." It appears that changes will be relatively limited rather than a full draft, but no other information has been given.
Quote:
Diamond Dallas Page appeared on the Dan Le Batard show today on ESPN Radio and got mad when Le Batard kept asking about real life arguments DDP had with Ric Flair and Scott Steiner. DDP tried to explain that things are good between them now without going into the past, but the interview was cut off when Page swore after Le Batard kept looking for details about a past fight with Steiner.
Quote:
Nikki Bella tweeted today: "This isn't goodbye, just need time to heal. When the day is right I will be back and hopefully then....BRIE MODE will be ACTIVATED! Can't wait for the day I can lace up my kicks throw on my jersey put on my SnapBack & come back home. Until then..Stay Fearless Bella Army!" She's scheduled to take time off to heal her neck injury while John Cena will also be absent to film a movie.
Probably returning after Summerslam like Cena is rumored to be now.

Quote:
The New England Patriots reportedly gave Rob Gronkowski permission to get involved with the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 33.
Quote:
Chris Charlton translated a tweet from New Japan Pro Wrestling owner Takaaki Kidani about the G1 preview shows in Long Beach selling out so quickly: "New Japan in LA sold out in two hours. Our pickaxe has struck a vein of gold. This will be a pivotal year in wrestling history."

Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Kenny Omega have been officially announced for the shows in Long Beach. An article on NJPW's website noted that they were looking for ways to add some more seats.
Quote:
Taeler Hendrix indicated that she's left Ring of Honor on Twitter today. She wrote: "Want to thank @ringofhonor for all the opportunities given to me! I'm forever grateful. I wish you well, and I look forward to the future!"
Quote:
The WWE released its subscriber information today regarding the WWE Network and the WrestleMania build and season was more successful in growth than last year.

Concentrating on actual paid subscriptions, the network has 1,661,000 subscribers as of today, broken down as 1,237,000 in the United States and 424,000 over the rest of the world.

With all the different free offers to bring back older subscribers and create new subscribers, there were 280,000 free subscribers as of today between the one and three months free numbers, which breaks down as 215,000 free in the U.S. and 65,000 free outside the U.S., meaning total subscribers were 1,949,000.

There were also some lower priced bargain subscriptions and actual revenues and how that all ads up won't be available until the quarterly conference call that will take place toward the end of this month or first week of May.

Last year on the day after WrestleMania, the network had 1,109,000 subscribers in the U.S. and 345,000 outside the U.S. The greater outside the U.S. increase was because of adding new markets, but now the network is available worldwide everywhere except China, which got Mania for the first time on iPPV. George Barrios was asked today about the China numbers but didn't answer that question.
Quote:
We have notes on the network number. The number of paid was slightly above what I had listed to be a success based on last year's growth patterns. Even with all the push to get former subscribers to subscribe free, that number was down. The stock fell 37 cents per share today to $21.85, which is still a strong number historically, way up from the same period last year. Overall the company is a very stable business which will increase in profitability this year and continue to do so unless something bad happens to the TV rights market, which is possible, or they reach WCW levels of acumen on the television product, which I seriously doubt can happen.
Quote:
Impact has inked a television deal with Game TV in Canada to air the shows in the same time slot as on Pop TV in the U.S., at 8 P.M. Eastern on Thursday nights. Game TV is in 9.5 million homes, which is in more homes than The Fight Network, which Anthem owns. Impact will also remain airing at the same time on The Fight Network.
Quote:
Saturday's biggest surprise news involved Drew Galloway, back as Drew McIntyre, signing. This was said to have been a late put together deal as Galloway was scheduled in the main event of the WWN Super Show in a six-way title match and had to be "injured" early in the show and left. Matt Riddle won the WWN title which was the guy I had expected to win. McIntyre will be in NXT, not WWE, likely as they are looking for some potential singles main events to replace Shinsuke Nakamura. We talked a lot about Galloway and Jim Ross on the show we did last night and how these moves are U.K. market related. The indication we were given is Galloway will be able to drop the What Culture title in the ring, but Galloway was the key guy in plans for a number of different U.K. groups.
Interview McIntyre had with ESPN revealing a new deal was signed: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...ms-nxt-signing

Quote:
Galloway will be allowed to finish up his bookings as he's on the 4/22 and 4/23 Evolve shows, facing Zack Sabre Jr. on the first night in Queens and Matt Riddle in an I Quit match on 4/23 in Brooklyn.
Quote:
WrestleMania 33 won't be the last we've seen of Jim Ross on WWE television.

In an article that Fox Sports ran about his weekend in Orlando, it was noted that Ross has signed a two-year contract with WWE to return in a variety of roles.

"It has a specific number of dates that I’m obligated to work, which I think is good for me,” Ross said. “So look at it this way: I got my jersey back. I got brought back to my home team, and my opportunities back in WWE, I’m sure, will be multi-fold."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Gabe Sapolsky announced that the EVOLVE show on May 20th in Summit, IL oroginally scheduled for 8 pm Central time will move to an afternoon timeslot so fans can make it a doubleheader with NXT Takeover: Chicago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Hardy posted the following via Twitter, giving some storyline explanation as to why he is no longer "Broken" upon returning to WWE:

The sheer NIRVANA of coming home to that DEAFENING ovation at #Wrestlemania seems to have contained my CONDISHTION.

If it CAN be contained.
— #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) April 4, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Edge tweeted the following indicating that this week's Edge and Christian Podcast will feature his wife and new WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix, Wrestlemania hijinks and thoughts on the Undertaker's retirement.

This week @EandCPod explodes in your face with our guest @TheBethPhoenix (my get), the results of #MockMockMania and thoughts on Undertaker
— Adam (Edge) Copeland (@EdgeRatedR) April 4, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
While appearing at Jim Ross' One Man Show as a surprise on Sunday, Foley said that he was originally not going to attend any WWE events Wrestlemania weekend in order to cement the finalist of his "firing" as Raw GM but Stephanie McMahon pushed for him to attend. He said that he was no longer being paid by the company and joked that it felt like a real firing.

Foley wrote on his Facebook Page that his hip replacement surgery is set for 4/19. He will be taking off bookings through July, except for one appearance that he has scheduled in Queens, NY on May 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross recently spoke about the WWE's current Hall Of Fame standards and if Chris Benoit should be inducted one day during a Q&A, covered by Hannibal TV. JR noted that he doesn't think that Benoit should ever be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

"You know Rock is gonna go in, right? Owen Hart, you got to have it balanced - so what are we gonna do have a whole posthumous Hall Of Fame? Here's your Hall Of Fame folks. Ironically based on the voting everybody's deceased.

"Chris Benoit, I don't think he'll ever get in. I don't think Chris Benoit should get in, and I'm okay with my opinion. If you differ I respect that. I was the guy that hired Chris Benoit, nothing Chris Benoit does wasn't right there that wasn't already with him. If there was a line to him, wherever he is, you say, 'hay should you be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?' Who do you want to induct you? I think he'd say it'll create too much publicity, it'll take the importance off of everybody else who's going in, it's gonna be the talk of the town. The WWE is inducting into the Hall Of Fame a murderer and suicide victim. That's the story. You guys know how the media are. That'll be the story. Can you imagine him going in with The Rock? All of a sudden let's forget about The Rock, it's about that murderer guy. So that's what I think. His talents, skill, accomplishments in the ring match a Hall Of Fame career. Absolutely. But I think he took all those opportunities away with the last 24 hours or so of his life."
Link to the interview with Hannibal TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWNMctRsCDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
David Penzer of Hannibal TV catches up with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart at WrestleCon in Orlando this past week. Penzer mentions Neidhart having a Hall of Fame career and that's when his tune changes. Anvil said, "Excuse me, Hall of Fame? I'm not in the Hall of Fame. I am not good enough to be in the Hall of Fame. ... You would think with everybody around me in the Hall of Fame, you would think I would be in the Hall of Fame. I was the one that started this pink thing in the first place."

In regards to his daughter Natalya working WrestleMania 33 this year, Jim said he feels good about it and commented on her being a good wrestler. Penzer said he hopes Anvil makes it into the Hall of Fame one day but he replied, "I'm not going to keep the light on at night waiting for that thing. I don't think that'll ever come. In fact, I don't think I want to be in the Hall of Fame."

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to the Observer and Goldberg's post-RAW speech, Goldberg is currently open to the idea of doing another run in the idea although not any time soon. http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/go...ter-raw-233126
  • Also according to the Observer, WWE will not consider using the Broken gimmick for the Hardys till after the legal mess with Anthem is finished. Anthem currently fighting to own a percentage of the gimmick and any money the WWE would make off of it. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...e_legal_fight/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Triple H currently owns the most losses in Mania history with 12 after his loss to Rollins at Mania 33. Current record is 9-12 and previously was tied with HBK for most losses at 11.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Natalya managed to become the first female wrestler in WWE history to wrestle in 40 ppvs for a career. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...irst_woman_to/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote