View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #970
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Owen Hart channeling his inner Bayley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The go-home Raw for WrestleMania, with Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Bill Goldberg, and Seth Rollins all known to be attending in advance, did 3.29 million viewers, an increase of eight percent from last week ...

It was still down 13 percent from the 3.76 million viewers for the go-home Raw last year.

The third hour decline was consistent with all the key demos across the board.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.25 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.43 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.20 million viewers
Quote:
WWE announced that Neville vs. Austin Aries for the Cruiserweight title, the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, and the SmackDown Women's Championship match will be airing on the WrestleMania 33 pre-show, which will be two hours and begins at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday. Renee Young, Jerry Lawler, Booker T, and Shawn Michaels will be on the panel, with the first hour airing on the WWE Network and other platforms before the second hour airs on the USA Network in addition to those.
Quote:
On a day that should bring more announcements for WrestleMania (including the addition of Triple H vs. Seth Rollins to the card on tonight's go-home episode of Raw), WWE revealed some of the celebrities who will be involved with WrestleMania 33 on Monday.

It was announced that Pitbull would be performing at WrestleMania after the main card broadcast kicks off. He'll be joined by Flo Rida, LunchMoney Lewis, and Stephen Marley. Pitbull, Flo Rida, and Lewis' song "Greenlight" is the official theme of WrestleMania 33.

As was noted previously, Tinashe is set to perform "America the Beautiful" on the show.
Quote:
Add former women's champion Eve Torres Gracie to the list of those being brought in for WrestleMania according PW Insider. As noted here, a number of former women's stars were contacted months ago about being part of the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Wrestlecon tweeted that due to health reasons Terry Funk will not be able to make it to Orlando, Florida:

Just got off phone with Terry Funk. Due to health reasons, he's unable to travel. All preorders will be refunded in 24hrs.
— WrestleCon (@wrestlecon) March 28, 2017
Quote:
A WWE title will be defended on another promotion's show during WrestleMania weekend.

PROGRESS Wrestling co-owner Glen Joseph announced on Facebook Live today that Tyler Bate would put his WWE United Kingdom Championship up for grabs against Mark Andrews on March 31st at PROGRESS: Orlando ...

The UK title match won't be the only collaboration between WWE and PROGRESS in Orlando, with PROGRESS wrestlers also featuring in matches at WrestleMania Axxess.
Quote:
The site of WWE's Battleground PPV, which will be a SmackDown show, will be the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

The WWE made the announcement live during last night's Raw show at the building.

Battleground takes place on July 23rd and will be one of two PPVs that month. The Raw brand will run on July 9th with the Bad Blood show, the day after what is expected to be UFC's biggest event of the year, the annual International Fight Week major show.
Quote:
In an interview with The Sporting News, Bobby Fish made it clear that he is going to be continuing to work with ROH for the time being, but he didn't sign a new contract (his short-term deal expired today) but said he's no longer exclusive to ROH but is open for offers from anyone.
Quote:
In an attempt to boost Monday's announcement of numbers, WWE has sent out another mailer offering former subscribers three months free as long as they sign up by Monday, which is when the announcement will be made. The push is if you sign up now you get WrestleMania, Payback, Backlash, Extreme Rules and Money in the Bank free.
Quote:
Paul Heyman did a talk show today promoting WrestleMania where he pushed that Charlotte Flair could become the first woman to close the show at WrestleMania. Don't think he meant this year, just that it could happen during her career.
Wouldn't be surprised since its been somewhat obvious the WWE currently cares about her the most out of all the women wrestlers on the roster. Link to the podcast episode: http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/p...podcast-032717

Quote:
Jan Ross, who passed away on Wednesday, was an organ donor and all of her internal organs were in good shape. The one silver lining out of the tragedy of her death is that four people are going to be able to live better lives due to it. If anything, this is a message because sometimes this is no preparing and age and health and don't guarantee anything but if you are an organ donor, you can help someone who was often dealt a bad hand live a better life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Jack Swagger announced he would be making his first post-WWE appearances this weekend:

I'm excited to announce I'll be signing at #WrestleCon on Friday and Saturday . #WethePeople come say hi.
— You Dont Know Jack (@RealJackSwagger) March 28, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
During media appearances yesterday in Great Britain, Jeff Jarrett stated that the World of Sport revival would debut on ITV in July.

Jarrett told The Mirror in the UK that the plan is for the World of Sport group to be a "full on promotion", not just a TV series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Mauro Ranallo missed WWE SmackDown for the third week in a row tonight. His WrestleMania 33 status appears to be up in the air after missing tonight's go-home episode. As noted, Mauro's absence is related to his battle with depression, which he has fought since he was a teenager. Mauro's friend and podcast co-host Bas Rutten commented on Mauro's status and Mauro being bi-polar during an appearance on The Luke Thomas Show last week. He said:

"Yeah, he's doing OK. As everybody knows, he's very vocal about it but Mauro is bi-polar and sometimes, a few times a year, things are going too fast and he needs to just simply slow down. But he's doing good and I talked to him... he's sending me funny video clips, he just sent me something... It's all in good spirits, I think he will be back to normal very soon."
Quote:
ESPN has a new interview with Triple H. Below are a couple of highlights:

People wanting to cut Enzo Amore:

"There's been guys that have made it that over the course of a couple of years that were constantly on the cut list. Enzo Amore, when I brought him in, everyone at the tryout was saying, 'Get rid of this kid!' I was like, 'He's got a huge personality. If he can annoy us all this bad here, imagine what he can do on TV.' ... Every time he'd get his review, they'd be like, 'I'd cut him.' Dusty [Rhodes] and I would be like, 'Keep him.' Look at him now. ... Is he ever going to make you money from an in-ring performer standpoint? Probably not. But he's money on the mic."
Link to the interview with more topics discussed: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...ow-much-longer

Quote:
What was it like working in an environment with constant change?

I’d do Monday Night Raw and go on the air many times without a script because they would rewrite the show while it was happening. I couldn’t prepare and it was hard to ask questions and not many people had answers. Even if you did ask questions upper management were not too keen. So I was left out of the loop and left to sink or swim. This was live TV. On social media people love to jump on you when you make a mistake, and there were so many times where I just didn’t know what I was supposed to do and hope that was I making the best guess. Otherwise you’d hear about it.

Why was that happening?

Well the writers would put the show together, then Vince would approve it, once it got to show day he would decide that he didn’t like it and certain things had to change. You’d be at the arena all day and the hours would go by, we’d be about to go live on TV and we’d have heard nothing. Sometimes I’d get the script right before I went out there, sometimes while I was at ringside, sometimes I’d only get the few two segments, even after the show had already started. As the show went on you’d get updates.
From a recent interview former WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts had with website Memorabilia Guy: https://memorabiliaguy.com/2017/03/2...ered-for-them/

Quote:
With Wrestlemania just days away, there has been some speculation about Eva Marie being a part of the SmackDown Women's title match this Sunday. Eva has not appeared on television since being suspended for 30 days on August 17, 2016 for her first violation of the company's Wellness Policy.

After asking around, a source at WWE informed me that the company will not be renewing Eva's contract. Eva had been with the company since 2013 and was a featured cast member of Total Divas for the show's six seasons. No announcement has been made by either side, but Eva is apparently done with the company.
Quote:
Kenny and Mikey of The Spirit Squad have both been removed from the SmackDown LIVE roster, thus officially ending their return stint in WWE.

Their profiles on WWE.com were recently removed from the SmackDown LIVE roster page and placed in the WWE Alumni section ...

The duo worked together through November, at which point WWE stopping using them on SmackDown LIVE without explanation.

Kenny and Mikey weren't signed to WWE contracts, hence their quiet departure. Both wrestlers are continuing to work on the independent circuit. They will be wrestling together this Friday in the UK.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Paige recently posted on her Tiwtter account about starting to move forward with her life and starting to feel better mentally ever since her private photos and videos were leaked. https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/sta...71091854266368
  • ESPN had a recent interview with Shinsuke Nakamura mainly about the creation of his entrance music in the WWE. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...ents-makes-own
  • Shane McMahon was revealed to be this week's guest for the Edge & Christian podcast show.
  • According to the WWE, Sheamus ended up getting legit busted open last night on RAW and needed stitches to close the wound above his eye.
  • According to the Observer, WWE currently doesn't have plans for Asuka to be among the upcoming batch of callups from NXT.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote