Thread: Smackdown
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #79
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
There's some truth to that, but there are also guys that are more over just because they aren't Roman. As soon as you put them into the Roman spot, they're going to lose that secret weapon. This problem used to happen in ROH around the time Tyler Black got the championship. It seemed that every time someone would get the belt, the fans would get sick of them. That hardcore audience now sets the tone for how things are widely perceived.

I think Seth Rollins is great in the ring, and I do think there is a way to make him a top babyface people can believe in and get behind, but it's not something that is inherent and unwavering right now. People would cheer him if he beat Roman and maybe against Brock, but then they'd get sick of "The Seth Rollins Experiment" too. I mean, who is going to carry the company on their shoulders? Finn Balor? Braun Strowman? I mean, I'll take AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan over Roman Reigns, but they've got SmackDown and it's not exactly doing great.

I see the point, and they don't run with people who are getting over to get them more over, but I honestly don't see too many potential stars on that card.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote