View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 11:15 PM   #236
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I honestly don't think enough people are paying attention to wrestling for it to be negatively affected by this. Wrestling fans are the only ones who know about broken matt, and for the most part, they love him. It would be one thing if it was a portion of the hardcore fanbase that liked him, and he was turning off most viewers. But that's clearly not the case

I stated before that the appeal is tbat it is the wrestling gimmick equivalent to a B-movie. Also could make the comparison to adult swim. Just that bonkers randomness that appeals to certain people.

Can understand why some people don't like it, but I refuse to believe its contributing to the downfall of the business. Maybe the downfall of your personal ideals on what wrestling should be. But said ideals may not match up with what the general fanbase wants.
This is a great post.

I agree with your first bit. I don't think it's actively going to chase people away. But I think for any attention it stirs up, the people you probably want to get in are going to say "This is dumb. How do people watch this?" That's all. Like, do we really need more fans with that ironic "appreciation" of wrestling but really don't get emotionally invested, because it's hokey and dumb. It gets really hard to have a good atmosphere when everyone just wants to come and laugh at the weird man.

They are only my personal ideals of wrestling, but I think there's a big problem with fandom in wrestling at the moment. They've chased away most of the casuals, and now they have a hardcore audience that wants to both dictate what they want, and when they get it, they want something else.

It's just depressing being a fan in that environment. You want to go and enjoy some good live music, because you like some of the bands, but then there is this person screeching and people throwing up onto your shoes. Maybe I'm just too old for this shit?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote