Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #566
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The weapon mod system could use some improvement. I wish there was a way to remove mods in the workbench menu more intuitively.

For example, say I have a 10mm Pistol without any mods whatsoever. I loot a Pipe Pistol with Glow Sights, but I have a ton of 10mm ammo and just generally like the look/feel of that gun. It should be simple a matter of scrapping the Pipe Pistol to break it into components, then I could take the Glow Sights and apply it to my 10mm.

But when you scrap the gun it just scraps the mods altogether. It would be cool if it removed the mods and put them in your inventory.

The workaround is to select the gun, and "build" a standard mod for it which will remove any special ones (the Glow Sights in this case), which then puts that in your inventory. Then you can apply that mod to your other weapons.

That workaround is fine and logical, and I get that mods SHOULD have some sort of component cost associated with them. It's just really tedious when you're out adventuring and take a "home base" break and have an inventory of like 15 various weapons you want to just quickly scrap but don't want to miss out on any good mods.

I suppose I'm just lazy. But that's my mini-rant. It's also really annoying to get Adhesives for all those Standard Sights. Yes I know about the Vegetable Starch trick but that's another step as well.

All in all I am happy with the crafting system, I'm just fussy.
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote