View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #33543
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
I've never understood the logic behind pushing wrestlers from certain ethnic backgrounds to appeal to that audience.

I mean, if you watch WWE, surely you watch it for the sake of guys like John Cena, Roman Reigns, AJ Styles etc... basically, you watch it because it's the WWE, not because of that one dude who's from the same country as you.

And in the case of Jinder Mahal... he's a heel. Are Indian people supposed to "get behind him" or something? He's a bad guy! If Indian people watch WWE, I'm sure they understand how it works. I can understand having someone like Mahal under contract, and perhaps playing up his Nationality when they're overseas, but just seems so illogical to have to do it on home soil to appeal to an audience, who are likely watching regardless of that one dude, anyway.

Ya'mean?
Bret Hart was a bigger start outside of the US than in it. So he had a value in foreign markets, obviously especially Canada. The NBA got lots of traction in China from Yao Ming. It's perfectly reasonable to think markets that are not well represented would be more interested in the product of people who looked like them were featured. Well not many people in India are cut like Jinder, but you know what I mean.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote