View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #239
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Different is good.

As much fun as each GTA has been, VC and SA had the same basic story. You start with nothing, you do some work for various people, an antagonist is introduced, you eventually kill the antagonist, you get rich and/or powerful, role credits. I guess I just don't like the whole rags to riches story.

It was good that GTA IV didn't follow that formula exactly, though I know it did follow it to a degree. It felt more satifying to me to have Niko/Johnny have a bitter sweet ending of "It's over, but..." than if they included an ending where Niko becomes a multimillionaire crime lord.
It wasn't all gloom, though. Luis had a pretty happy ending for a GTA game. It showed you could have a "happy" ending without going the money and power route each time.
Different is different. Good is good. While there is some overlap, merely being different does not automatically mean good. TNA is different. TNA is definitely not good. Twilight, fucking Twilight is different. Are you a Twilight fan, Drakul? Do you "rock out" to My Chemical Romance while watching TNA and writing Twilight fanfic, Drakul?
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote