View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #2005
Crimson

Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrA
Both are free agents after this year (Barber restricted), which means that one of them, most likely Julius Jones, is leaving.

The reason why the Cowboys "want" McFadden involves Jerry Jones' little fetish with having a star from Arkansas on the team. Since McFadden is not only is from Arkansas, but also plays a position that would attract attention upon him as a star, Jerry Jones would take him over the ressurection of Johnny Unitas. Either way, the Cowboys are not going to get him because the Browns are good this year and Jerry Jones was made to look like a complete twatstain for making that awful trade in the draft.

On a related issue, Marion Barber is not an every down back, contrary to what many people want. He's most effective in the role he is in right now, which is as a tough change of pace back who gets 10-15 carries a game, and his production would decline if they gave him the ball more often than not. So, the Cowboys really do need another running back to even things out back there. Julius Jones does a fine job of that, but either way, the Cowboys are going to need a Julius Jones-like running back along with Marion Barber.
Agreed. I was almost certain we'd land MdFadden next year but fucking Cleveland decided to be good this year. And the fact that the Pats might draft top 5 makes me sick. But ah well..I guess we could look for secondary help now and even a WR.