View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:38 AM   #9345
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Snowpiercer - 2/4 stars

I said in another thread that this film has the skeleton of a masterpiece but the fleshing out is so badly done that it becomes almost ridiculous.
I'm not sure why Tilda Swinton is in it, she's absolutely horrendous. That may well be the worst character in the history of film…a purposefully disdainful, repulsive performance that puts forks on china and nails on a blackboard to shame. There was no reason to have cut-rate Terry Gilliam rip-offs in there…it just destroys the credibility entirely.

Don't get me started on the logistics of a train track that connects every railway around the world either…or the preposterous concept of a train that pierces snow and ice drifts, rocks from side to side and yet remains speeding round the side of a goddamn mountain.

Alison Pill…just no.

I dunno what to say besides this: Snowpiercer is a mediocre film that could have been absolutely incredible. I was actually prepared to accept the round the world train track until they showed the fucking thing bouncing around like a Skalectric on amphetamines.
Ed Harris should have carried this film but they didn't let him. Everything it could have been got shoved out in favour of really weird teeth and little kids with fucked up accents.

Chris Evans might as well not have been in it really. His part could have been played by absolutely anybody.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote