View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 11:47 PM   #33998
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
It's not that the name doesn't work it's that they can't own it because the wrestler or ROH has it trademarked. At least they kept it SC so he could wear the same boots if he has initial boots.
Those were two immediate examples I pulled without thinking. I'm pretty sure there are people who don't have "ROH trademark" and if I did more research, could come up with , or some changed while they were *on* the roster and/or developmental... but I mean there seems to be some random "this guy can't be x, but this other guy can". I thought about this before specifically because of Tommy End's rebranding, and the amount of guys who could and couldn't use "Black". I would have figured it was "too generic" since others have been changed from that.

It's like if I chose an alternate life path and ended up in WWE; I can't be Tom Guycott for whatever reason, so they drop me in the name generator, and I'm now called Axlerod Smitherson or some shit. Cool. then a few months later, they call in an indy standout by the name of Joseph Joe, and repackage him as Oliver Guycott? Makes little sense, and seems more like something to do more just because they can than out of any legal necessity.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote