View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #30118
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I went to SmackDown yesterday and my seat was better than I thought it would be.

A while ago I mentioned here that Ticketmaster was using two totally different seating plans for the event and I was unsure which one would be correct.

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
There appears to be two seating plans for SmackDown in Glasgow and I have no idea which one is the correct one.

The first one is this that I've posted before, which Ticketmaster showed me as I was buying my tickets last week and I've circled where I would be sitting according to that layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
So some extra seats were added to both Raw and SmackDown for when they come to Glasgow and I've managed to get myself tickets, so I can now say that I'm going to SmackDown!

The seats are probably not great as I'm sitting to the left of the stage and I've never been to the arena in my life so I don't know what the view will be like. I just hope nothing is in my way or that I'm hidden behind the set. My seat is in the blue circle in section 056. I'll be doing some research on my seat to see if I can find out what the view will be like and so on.

Hopefully things will be alright, as they were the best seats available in what was a mad rush to acquire tickets as they were disappearing in the blink of an eye, but even if things aren't perfect, I'll still be able to say that I've actually been to SmackDown and not just house shows.
The second one is this, which Ticketmaster is showing you when you buy your tickets right now and I've circled where I would be sitting according to that layout.

It looks like it's only the red sections that are different with both seating plans, but both seats aren't really that bad, I guess. There are a small few that have contacted Ticketmaster about this and Ticketmaster isn't replying.

Well, it turns out that it was the latter layout that was correct.

They were really good seats but two things I found annoying were two guys in the disabled area that was a bit in front of me kept holding up signs and I couldn't see the what was going on in the ring a good few times.

Also, everyone in my row kept moving, so I was constantly having to stand up, move to the side and stand in the isle as the people (most of them which were kids) in my row left to either to take a piss or get snacks and then return. Because of this, I missed my opportunity to take a photo of JBL in a kilt.

I doubt I'm ever going to have that opportunity in my life again.

Anyway, SmackDown was good but every match apart from The Women's Championship match and the Main Event were short as hell.

The night started with a recording for Main Event. Jason Jordan vs Viktor.

• SmackDown then started and it's crazy how quickly Bray & Co. appear when the lights go out.

• I would say that James Ellsworth got one of the loudest pops of the night. If I were to rank it, he would be second. Daniel Bryan got the loudest of the night.

• I've always said that Baron Corbin is boring but my God, when you see him live, he takes that boringness to a whole new level.

• Natalya is even hotter in person.

• I was really happy that Kalisto had a match as I'm big a fan of his but I was left a bit disappointed as I didn't actually get to see a match.

• I was also left disappointed that Alexa Bliss didn't win and just like Natalya, Bliss is even hotter in person.

• When the whole Kalisto/Kendrick match was announced, I just knew where it was going. I'm pretty sure that Kalisto will win, as having 205 Live after SmackDown will make more sense if the Cruiserweight Division is on SmackDown.

I will say, I'm not a fan of it the division going to SmackDown.

• I was probably the only guy in the arena that was cheering for Hawkins. I had a bit of a "Mini Mark Out Moment" when his music hit. I knew his entrance wouldn't be getting televised as he didn't come out with his voice over his theme. Also, here's a photo of him in the ring along with the view I had.

I was so happy when he won and I was probably the only guy (again) who celebrated his win. I instinctively jumped out of my seat and shouted "YEAH!" along with throwing my arms in the air.

My celebration was not well received by the five year old in front of me who just turned around and gave me a look like I had taken a shit in his cereal.

• The Wyatt Family entrance is something we all need to experience live. You can also spot my light on TV, but only briefly.

Also, I've seen Kane live before but this was the closest I had been to his pyro and my God, when his pyro went off, I actually felt a wall of heat hit my face. It was crazy.

The previous times I've seen him live, I was all the way up in the cheap seats so the wall of heat would never make it to me.

• The Yes Chant is another crazy thing that we all need to experience.

• After SmackDown, another match for Main Event was recorded. The Usos vs The Hype Bros. and also two dark matches took place. We had Ziggler vs Miz for the Intercontinental Championship and Styles vs Ambrose for the WWE Championship.

Both those matches were really good, but I'd say Ziggler/Miz was the better of the dark matches.

Overall, SmackDown was great and I can actually say I've been to a televised show now and not just house shows. I think I'll aim for going to the O2 in April. I would say I'd go to SmackDown again but with the changes that look like are coming to SmackDown soon, I dunno.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote