View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #836
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Bray channeling his inner It's Bayley:

SPOILER: show
According to a recent PWI Elite podcast episode, Teddy Long is currently rumored to be joining this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.

Spoiler tags used since its related to a rumored new name for this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Following Thursday's news of contracted WWE UK talents being pulled from FloSlam broadcasts, Friday saw more announcements of wrestlers being removed from scheduled appearances as restrictions regarding where they're allowed to work are put in place.

The "Working a Resthold" podcast announced that Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, and Trent Seven would no longer be appearing on their live podcast in London on January 28th prior to wXw's show later that night.

The podcast posted, "Unfortunately, yesterday afternoon, Scott Andrews was informed that due to their new WWE contractual obligations, Trent Seven, Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews are now unable to participate in the show. On behalf of myself, Dannii and Marianne, we'd like to wish all three the very best for the future and would like to thank them for their professionalism."

They have updated their lineup with Eddie Dennis, Chris Brookes, Doug Williams, Jody Fleisch, and Johnny Storm now joining Marty Scurll and Ryan Smile.

Despite William Regal initially claiming that the signed UK talent would face "zero restrictions" regarding where they're allowed to work aside from dates where WWE needs them and some places that have contracts that would present a conflict of interest, it quickly became clear that wouldn't be the case.
Quote:
UPDATE: In what could possibly be related to Dunne, Andrews, and Seven being pulled from the podcast, Meltzer notes that WWE is bringing some of the UK talent to San Antonio next week for Royal Rumble weekend.

Meltzer also reports that contracted talents will be permitted to perform for certain promotions but the events cannot be distributed (televised, streamed, transmitted or taped) unless authorized. It is said that all talent was told this before signing deals, and is in all of their contracts.
Quote:
Kurt Angle has been pulled from Five Star Wrestling for the show next weekend in Dundee, Scotland. He was going to be a television announcer for the live Spike U.K. broadcast. I figured that was almost a lock to happen for all the obvious reasons.
Quote:
IPW UK announced for its Sunday show in Rochester, England, that Pete Dunne would do a dark match against Tom Dawkins since he can't air on Flo Sports, and Ryan Smile will replace Dunne in the main event against Matt Riddle. Joseph Conners is also off the show and will be replaced by Adam Maxted.

WWE did not pull talent (Trent Seven and Pete Dunne) from Saturday’s Revolution Pro show. Seven faces TNA’s Trevor Lee while Dunne faces NJPW’s Yoshi-Hashi. The show isn’t on FloSlam nor will it air live
Quote:
The company has released a Jimmy Snuka Collection today on the WWE Network and promoted it hard today in an e-mail blast. "Celebrate the Life of Jimmy Snuka" is more than a bit too much. Doing charity work and having class are hardly the same thing.
Quote:
New Japan also has a Jimmy Snuka special, not any kind of a tribute but they have put up a free match from 1985 with Bruiser Brody & Jimmy Snuka vs. Dick Murdoch & Masked Superstar from Sumo Hall. The finish is bad, as were most of the big match finishes of that era, but you really see how great Brody was at his character and what a phenomenal worker Murdoch is in this match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 1/19 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 310,000 up from last week's 277,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
EVOLVE announced they have signed 19 year old Austin Theory, from Atlanta, to a full-time deal.
Appears to be an Evolve-only deal. Evolve currently has a shared roster of WWE guys and their own guys.

Quote:
If he has been approached about a WWE return:

"It's funny because the two guys who really make the decisions, which is Vince [McMahon] and Hunter [Paul 'Triple H' Levesque], in seven years have never even approached me. I guess I'm semi-amused that people think 'Vince is saying this' and whatnot because those are the two people that understand why and respect why I retired and understood it."

His ideal dream return match:

"I look at Samoa Joe and I've told him a number of times that I see his stuff at NXT and think to myself, 'Man, I could have a great deal of fun with you.' He's a guy I have sort of enjoyed, and one of those sleeper guys that no one talks about.

"We have contrasting styles. I get that everybody wants to see me and AJ or Seth or Dolph [Ziggler]. From my standpoint, I think really telling a great story out there [is most important]. I could do it with a guy like Samoa Joe. His stuff looks really good, and sometimes he just looks like he's beating the tar out of somebody."
From a recent interview HBK had with ESPN in regards to a potential return from retirement: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...dream-opponent

Quote:
Vince McMahon was on crutches this past week because he had minor hip surgery, apparently similar to the surgery Undertaker had. Undertaker at some point is likely to need a full hip replacement but has been trying to put that off until he retires and had his problems temporarily taken care of with his recent surgery.
Quote:
There was some Internet controversy this week when it came out that a fan reaction they cut to showing disgust when Jericho had beaten Reigns for the IC title was actually cut in from earlier in the show and that fan was actually cheering that Reigns lost in real time.
Quote:
Zayn, Rollins and Reigns were backstage talking about their six-man tag main event. So the purpose of this segment was not to get anyone over, or build the match. It was to establish Zayn as a total geek. Zayn does have heat on him right now. They had him say some nonsensical stuff and Rollins & Reigns rolled their eyes at him, like “who is ths guy?” Unlike Bayley later, where an idea that they thought would get her over fell flat, this was very much about getting Zayn under.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • During a recent episode of the Busted Open Nation podcast show with Chris Jericho as the guest, Jericho revealed he was originally planned to have a match against Dean Ambrose at Mania 32 before it got switched to AJ Styles instead. Main reason was due to Vince liking the Styles-Jericho feud enough to make it into a Mania match. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ly_planned_to/
  • According to the Observer, TNA's new owners are considering the idea of giving Jeff Jarrett more power in the company due to his era as TNA's owner being better than Dixie's era. Also revealed it was John Gaburick who pushed for TNA to sign MMA fighter Josh Barnett to a deal.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote