Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #626
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Giants' first string passing game finally put together a great drive. 2-minute drill, going 91 yards for a TD on mainly passing plays. Was glad Coughlin didn't bring them back out for the 3rd quarter. Let them Costanza it - leave on a high note. Geoff Schwartz dislocated a toe so that's certainly not a good thing with an already thin line. He'll likely be out a couple of weeks. Hopefully Beckham finally gets into a game the last week of preseason, I'd feel better about him if I could actually see him play.

Ryan Nassib has played great the last 2 games, yes primarily against backups and third stringers, but I think he's certainly played well enough to warrant being the only backup QB. A 3rd QB is a waste of a roster space in today's NFL. You're probably screwed if your starter gets knocked out for a long time, and regardless there is never a shortage of veteran QBs on the market to bring in as an extra backup later on if needed.

And Corey Washington with his 4th TD in as many games. His 53-man roster spot has to be secure by now, the only question is whether or not Coughlin will give him any sort of playing time in the regular season.