View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 05:04 AM   #386
El Vaquero de Infierno
Sisukas Mies

El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Owen Jones - The Establishment: And How the Get Away With It 8.5/10

Every time I finished a chapter I felt angry, and usually that is a good sign, as few books I read elicit a strong emotion from me. I don't particularly follow politics as for the longest time I've just had the view that all politicians are self-serving hypocrites who whore themselves to the highest bidder, but the picture this book paints of the incestuous relationship between politicians, corporations, and the media just reveals the extent in which the Government is compromised.

This is an overtly left-wing book so I need to balance it out with some neo-liberal literature, but on the whole, I come away feeling that railways and utilities need to be renationalised, and big corporations need to be challenged and tempered. But, while both Labour and the Conservative politicians continue to have no qualms sucking on the neo-liberal teat, nothing is going to be done to change the disparity in British Society.

Crikey. This reads like some first year undergrad student ranting against the machine, but this book just left me angry.

Last edited by El Vaquero de Infierno; 04-11-2015 at 11:31 AM.
El Vaquero de Infierno is offline   Reply With Quote