View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #3330
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Just started it last night and really enjoying it.
As am I. Still has some of the... annoyances... of the first, though. A friend of mine said "If they spent six more months on it, it could have been Game Of The Year." I'm inclined to agree. Already had some issues with graphical/engine hiccups... including an instance of teleporting through a ladder I was climbing into the building's interior and becoming stuck on furniture. The only way out was to join a friend of mine's multiplayer game and go back (after helping him out a bit, of course).

It does appear they did away with the "game world still runs while you're not playing" mechanic, which is nice on one hand, but also means you can't start a major construction project before you turn the game off for the session and expect it to be built when you start playing again tomorrow.

Multiplayer is handled fairly well and cool in a number of ways - chief among them is you actually aren't stuck with your initial pick. You can swap talent with anyone from YOUR own community reguardless if you are hosting or not. Just anything you put in storage goes to the host. Anything you get from storage comes from your box. So if you load up on painkillers and ammo, and then decide you don't need it, you're better off switching characters, or you're going to basically give up your own goods.

Items are sharable if you place them on the ground for another player to pick up, and the dropped item(s) are clearly marked.

Also, every player becomes color-coded, and different parts of the same environment become searchable to the person of the corresponding color (host is yellow, player two is blue, player 3 is green. I am assuming player 4 is red, but never got on with a fourth yet.) So, a house that originally had 3 diffrent pieces of searchable furniture can end up with like 10 or so.

You do have to stay about 400m in range of the host, though, or you'll disconnect (represented by a big orange ring on the map screen that, ironically, the host can't see). Kinda stops everyone from running to four corners of the map and doing their own thing, but isn't so restrictive that you're joined at the hip or within eyeshot.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote