View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #3795
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I wouldn't be so hard on Injustice if DC would lay off on the whole "Ooh, what if all the good guys were bad guys?!" trope for five minutes. Between Injustice, Flashpoint, Forever Evil, Earth-2, and I'm sure I'm missing some, it seems like doing evil versions of the Justice League is the only trick they've got up their sleeves these days. Coupled with the normal good versions of the JLA being made darker and more depressing in the New 52 and Man of Steel, and in order to make a big enough contrast you have to do over-the-top shock value stuff like having Superman Heat Vision through Captain Marvel's head (bearing in mind that Captain Marvel is a ten-year-old boy), and Wonder Woman chopping up kids with a sword in Flashpoint. Meanwhile, Marvel's destroying DC in the comics and the movies by reminding everyone that this superhero shit is supposed to be fun.

And honestly, nobody's ever going to do a "Superman goes evil" story better than Mark Waid's Irredeemable.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote