View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 08:25 AM   #14045
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The more I hear about how Avengers works, the less I want it.

Its "armor" system is stat based, like Anthem. There's no visual change. That was a huge criticism of Anthem, and I don't like it here either. Showing off the armor you've earned is honestly a big part of loot based games, and removing that really takes a lot of fun out of the grind. Loot based games only work if the loot pool is diverse and exciting. This doesn't look like a lot of work was put into it. Feels tacked on.

Anthem did it so they could sell cosmetic armor as microtransactions, and it's no different for Avengers. They're just sneakier about it. Every character has their own seperate battle pass with cosmetic skins. You can grind to unlock it all in game, or you can spend money to unlock the skins. If it's anything like 99% of battle passes, it will have glacial progress speed to tempt rank up purchases.

Just about every "live service" game with the exception of Monster Hunter World has stumbled out of the gate, and this is looking like another in a long line of games that get "fixed" later on.

Wish we could have just gotten something like Spider-man.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote