View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #1768
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
That's not how TV works dude. You don't get paid for viewers. They would have got paid the same amount of money had an episode of Impact on Pop had a million viewers as they would with regular viewers. They weren't getting much from Pop either and that deal nor Pursuits have really said what they pay. So now actually selling tickets to shows not only gives them another source of revenue it also creates a better atmosphere around the show. Which was badly needed because the Impact Zone had turned into tourist and were the same crowd for months.

No I don't dig into their business metrics but it's clear they are doing good business when they've increased the number of shows they do a year by alot. That's common sense Noid. You don't expand your business if business is bad. They're not doing great business at all its just that they were doing zero business just a couple of years ago only trying to get TV taped. I don't think they are getting more popular but I do think they've found their identity and those who are fans of them are slowly coming around. Some won't ever and that's fine, they can be successful in the spot they're in now.

No I say you don't know what you are talking about because most of the time you don't. You have a bais opinion about the promotion and do nothing but shit on it. If they were as bad as you put them out to be they'd be out of business by now. I don't glorify everything this company does and am pretty critical of them on things I haven't liked. I actually do have talking points but you usually ignore them or brush them off because lolTNA. Newsflash yourself it's Impact Wrestling now.

You just need someone to love you Noid.
Dude, you get your money from networks and/or advertisers based on how many viewers you get. If lots of people watch your show, you are going to be more valuable to networks and advertisers because the eyeballs are on that station, as opposed to elsewhere, allowing businesses to reach a larger number of consumers. Wrestling has always had trouble reaching advertisers because of the perception that wrestling fans are moronic mouth-breathers, a stereotype which go way too far in attempting to validate. This is in contrast to a proportionately large viewership in ratio to advertiser interest. A wrestling show no one watches has got no chance getting advertisers and no chance being offered a good TV deal.

Don't lecture people on how TV works when it's clear you don't have the foggiest clue.

And as for how much Pursuit pays? I'm willing to bet it isn't much. I was reading somewhere that they are actually getting some money for it, but that is probably the primary reason for taking it "in-house," as you say -- they don't need to pay shit for it and no one else will take it.

If they were as bad as I say they would be out of business now? People have been predicting that for years, but some money mark always comes along and keeps them alive. Panda Energy floated it as a net loss for the longest time. It downsized considerably and has had cash-flow injections from Jeff Jarrett, Billy Corgan and probably others. Finally it's ended up the property of Anthem who want something to air, and it's been getting smaller and smaller all the while. It is dead, it's animated corpse just airs on TV for <60,000 people.

It's clear they're doing good business when they increase the shows they are doing? Or they could just have a parent company that is paying the overhead and they are running them to try and convince people that there's still something happening there? Again, I ask you if there is any evidence to suggest that this "new revenue stream" makes up for losing their time slot and network deal? I'm going to take a while guess and suggest that more people have stopped watching TNA than have started going to live events, and that the revenue from that comes nowhere close to covering the expenses TNA runs at. That's not good business, dude. And you will see -- Anthem will try and keep this running for as long as they can to convert it into something, but I think by the end of next year this thing won't exist and will have been sold off to someone as digital content for their library. Probably WWE to do AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle documentaries where they sit around going "LolTNA." And each one will be viewed several more times over than the latest episode of "Impact Wrestling."

And they will and always have been TNA. They couldn't even distance themselves enough from "Impact," for years has been associated with TNA and their epic failure clashing with WWE and being thrown off Spike TV for ineptitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
See what I mean when I say you brush stuff off. To say ROH hasn't created any stars is laughable. Most of WWEs roster has come from ROH. Lucha Underground has put a spotlight on alot of talent. Pentagon, Fenix, Ricochet, and Jeff Cobb to name a few. You are very strung up on TV numbers that has more to do with the platform the show is on. I'll agree that Pursuit is a step backward as har as reach goes but that doesn't mean it's also an unhealthy move. If it allows them to be more comfortable and fits on with what Anthem does with their Canadian channels its a good move in my opinion.

Eddie getting his faced smashed in probably did more good for the company than anything. Was it a bad situation yeah but they capitalized on it and created some buzz for themselves. Now before you say they didn't create any buzz let me explain for you, TMZ covered that story and Impact hadn't had that type of exposure in awhile. I honestly think finding a niche following would be best for them and is what they're actully trying to do. They don't need to try and be anything bigger, they've failed to many times.
It's debatable whether WWE's roster has got many "stars." But those people from ROH you are talking about became "stars," if that can be said of them, once they got to WWE. That's like saying OVW is massive because it had John Cena work with them once upon a time. What the fuck kind of point is that? John Cena became a star through WWE. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan -- do you think anyone but the hardcores knows, or cares, that they worked in ROH? How do you think this works?

Who the fuck is a Pentagon, Fenix or Jeff Cobb? That's what most people who watch Raw or SmackDown would ask. They mean something to the people they mean something to. That is not the same as being a star. Pentagon and Fenix might mean something in Mexico, but to US domestic audiences they don't mean a fucking thing.

What does "buzz" even mean? Since you know so much about the wrestling landscape and where it's going, please explain how TNA have managed to capitalize on "buzz" and turn it into anything? Which metric is increasing? Live events? We've tackled that. Their ratings certainly haven't gone up. They've gone down. 10,000 fans on Twitch? Add that to the <60,000 and you get 70,000 people "buzzing" about this product. That's 30,000 people less than were "buzzing" about it a month ago. What the fuck do you even mean? But it's good a dude got his face caved in for your enjoyment.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote