View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #1767
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I think there's a good argument to be made for it. I mean, I think the product jumped the shark in an irreversible way quite a while ago. If Anthem wanted to get into wrestling, they probably should have started from scratch. What stars has Lucha Underground created? What stars have ROH created? That is nonsense. People that want to watch will find a way to? Well, that means 40,000 people less want to watch. If fewer people want to watch their product, they are going backwards. That has been my logic the whole time in response to you saying they are getting healthier and better. They are not.

TNA does not need more violence matches. We saw Eddie Edwards getting his face caved in and there seems to be plenty of garbage stuff on there. POP were right to not show that nonsense. Going somewhere that is going to allow them to be trashier is just going to mean a) they get perceived as being trashier, b) they become even more of a niche. Vince Russo was talking out his ass when he used standards and practices as an excuse for his WCW sucking, and Paul Heyman can tell you all about how ECW never managed to capture a wider audience.
See what I mean when I say you brush stuff off. To say ROH hasn't created any stars is laughable. Most of WWEs roster has come from ROH. Lucha Underground has put a spotlight on alot of talent. Pentagon, Fenix, Ricochet, and Jeff Cobb to name a few. You are very strung up on TV numbers that has more to do with the platform the show is on. I'll agree that Pursuit is a step backward as har as reach goes but that doesn't mean it's also an unhealthy move. If it allows them to be more comfortable and fits on with what Anthem does with their Canadian channels its a good move in my opinion.

Eddie getting his faced smashed in probably did more good for the company than anything. Was it a bad situation yeah but they capitalized on it and created some buzz for themselves. Now before you say they didn't create any buzz let me explain for you, TMZ covered that story and Impact hadn't had that type of exposure in awhile. I honestly think finding a niche following would be best for them and is what they're actully trying to do. They don't need to try and be anything bigger, they've failed to many times.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote