View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #1895
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The more time that passes, and the more I think about it the more disappointed I am in the finish to Asuka vs Charlotte.

I know the match was still fantastic, but that's exactly the problem. Maybe it's just me, but when you have a match that close to perfect, that flaw just gets bigger and bigger in my head and I can't help but think what could have been.

Just a few more minutes is all they would have needed in my opinion. Where the match ended charlotte should of went for the standard figure 8, but dropped back down due to the pain in her arm. Asuka gets out, puts on the asuka lock and we can get a good 30-45 second period of drama of charlotte trying, but failing to get to the ropes, and looking like shes about to fade out, but then starts torqueing on asukas leg to make her relinquish the hold. Charlotte then gets the one armed figure 8 for the win.

That finish would have established more drama in the ending, and would have made asuka tapping more believable, as there wasn't nearly enough work done on her leg in the match for that abrupt tap out that we got.

So yeah. Great match. But shit won't stop bugging me. Like a cancerous tumor in my head.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote