View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 09:39 PM   #1543
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by TPWW's Annual Celebration of Nashvember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 11/1 edition of Smackdown Live did 2,119,000 overnight viewers, down over a half a million from last week's 2,699,000 overnight viewers, which followed the Siege angle on Raw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
We should have a full report from the show later, but the card for WWE’s first show on the European tour today had Triple H teaming with Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose against Cesaro, Sheamus & Bray Wyatt in Glasgow, Scotland. The lineups for the tour had to be reshuffled since Roman Reigns wasn't medically cleared to go on it. He was supposed to team with Rollins & Ambrose, though WWE later announced that they'd be defending their tag titles against Cesaro & Sheamus before changing the cards again. Triple H wore full Shield gear for the match after being given a vest by Rollins, who cut a promo trying to explain the logic of Triple H teaming with them by saying that it was a call that he never thought he’d make and that you always need to have a plan B.

The match in Glasgow was Wyatt’s first since being out for the last several weeks with a viral infection.
Quote:
WWE is advertising Braun Strowman vs. Kane for several stops on Raw’s European tour shows, including a possible meeting at next week’s Raw television taping at the Manchester Arena.
link: https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/925752147710480384

Quote:
Les Thatcher has also been spending some time at the Performance Center as a guest trainer this week.
Link: https://twitter.com/LesThatcher/stat...19620553506816

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Squared Circle Sirens website reported today that Impact Wrestling has released MJ Jenkins, the talent who was signed to a deal after taking a LONG bus ride to Orlando to work as an enhancement talent. She had been used a few times but was never really given much of a TV presence. We have independently confirmed the release. Jenkins was obviously very early on in her career and needed seasoning, but something about the company letting her go really saddens me, given that what she was willing to through for a chance got her the job in the first place. That's the type of person you want on your roster. Hopefully she can continue to grow as a talent and rebound.

Although the talk when this round of tapings was moved to Ottawa is that the company was pretty much done with taping at Universal Studios Orlando for awhile, all indications internally are that the January TV tapings will indeed be back in Orlando, Florida.

Talks of tapings in Chicago, by the way, have greatly lessened.
More news and details regarding Impact Wrestling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On Saturday evening 11/4, there will be a special VIP dinner for fans with the talents. There will not be an Impact Hall of Famer announced. The initial pitched idea by Jeff Jarrett several months ago was to induct his father, Jerry Jarrett, who founded the company, but that obviously isn't going to happen now. The decision was made to wait on any inductions.

James Storm, who the company listed in a video as entering the Hall of Fame, told us earlier this week no one ever actually approached him about an induction and if they had, he would have fought against it as he feels the HOF should be for someone at the end of their career - which he feels he is not. Storm was at the ESPN Atlanta screening of the Ric Flair ESPN documentary last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On this week’s episode of ‘Dinner With The King,’ co-hosts Jerry “The King” Lawler and Glenn Moore chat about some of the monsters he booked during the classic Memphis wrestling days. From Dr. Frank to Freddy to Leatherface, The King shares some audio and the backstories behind these characters.

The King also talks about the 25th Anniversary of Raw coming up in January and if he will be a part of the celebratory events:

"I’m not really sure. I would expect to be. How could they talk about 25 years of Raw without including me in some sort of way?

I know I’m going to be a part of the Royal Rumble [show]. I don’t know about calling the match [like last year], but probably the kick-off show and all that sort of stuff. “

On early Raw shows at Manhattan Center:

"One of the things about was amazing about it, was the Manhattan Center wasn’t a very big venue. At the time, they didn’t know how successful this thing was going to become. It was in the very early stages. Just an infant being born at the Manhattan Center. And this place was small compared to the Barclays Center. It was a very small venue.

The main thing I remember is having to dress, get ready for the matches, and get ready for the show in the stairwells. There was just not enough dressing rooms. And guys were dressing every little nook and cranny and broom closets to get ready for the show.”

Being in the new WWE mobile game:

"Did a two-hour voiceover. It’s a mobile game. It is awesome. I had a chance to look at the graphics. And it is really good.

I’m on the commentary for this game. They wanted it to sound like the Attitude Era. I don’t know if they are going to use J.R. or who-else they are going to use. I just know I did a two-hour session and did almost 300 lines for it the other day. They are going to have me back to do some more.”
Link: http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed...-color/2179bd/

Quote:
Paige sent out a tweet today thanking Mandy Rose, Nikki Cross, Ember Moon, and Ruby Riot for helping her train for her comeback at the Performance Center over the last few weeks.
link: https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/sta...87104025743360

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The National Wrestling Alliance released episode three of their digital series Ten Pounds of Gold late last night, featuring the announcement that former Impact Wrestling champion Nick Aldis (Magnus) would be challenging NWA champion Tim Storm on 11/12 at a Championship Wrestling from Hollywood event. The episode also features Corgan discussing the importance of the NWA championship and making reference to his attempts to help Impact Wrestling financially.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwnhA2pT5aY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Big Japan has launched their own streaming service BJW Core. It appears to cost ¥888 a month, which at the current exchange rate is around $7.79 US. Looking at their selection, they seem to currently only have events going back to 2016 available on demand, but will have past home video releases added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
We noted before that Kalisto vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore is now official for the November 19th WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view. It appears this was a late change as last week there was a plan for a 5-on-5 Traditional Elimination Match with the cruiserweights. The match was to have Team Captain Enzo, Noam Dar, Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari taking on Team Captain Kalisto, Sin Cara, Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali and Rich Swann.
Quote:
As noted, WWE announced on Sunday that they have parted ways with Emma, Summer Rae and Darren Young. Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated reports that Emma's departure had been in the works for some time as she had significant heat with company officials. The doors reportedly remain open for Emma to return down the line but some see her departure as "addition by subtraction" in the locker room.

Emma reportedly created enemies on the WWE writing staff and made those issues worse with the way she spoke out on Twitter. Emma did have as much respect as an in-ring performer as any other female Superstars in the locker room but her release sent a message to the locker room.

The decision to release Emma, Young and Summer reportedly came on Friday during Vince McMahon's routine budget meeting. The Superstars were told on Sunday before they would have needed to fly out for work on Monday. WWE then made the announcements on their website and social media accounts.
link: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/11...-rockstar-spud

Quote:
Charly Caruso will be hosting WWE's "Best of RAW and SmackDown 2017" DVD that comes out on February 27th, 2018. WrestlingDVDNetwork.com notes that the set will have more than 8.5 hours of content. Below is the official synopsis:

"2017 saw new WWE Superstars win championship gold, legends return to glory, and moments that made the WWE Universe say, "This is awesome!" Relive every match and major moment from RAW and SmackDown Live and see why 2017 was a year that will never be forgotten."

Renee Young will be hosting WWE's "Best Pay-Per-View Matches of 2017" DVD that comes out on January 2nd, 2018. WrestlingDVDNetwork.com reports that this will be a three-disc set. Below is the synopsis:

"The New Era has arrived and the Superstars of RAW and SmackDown Live leave the WWE Universe on the edge of their seat with The Best Pay-Per-View Matches of 2017! Featuring the greatest matches from Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Money in the Bank, Survivor Series, and more!"

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Former LAW hosts John Pollock and Wai Ting held a final Review Smackdown episode together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3kPVIb8lE
  • During a Q&A session at Comic Con last week, The Rock revealed Triple H, Roman Reigns, and Brock Lesnar would be his choices if he were to ever have another match in the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ts-to-wrestle/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today would have been Bobby Heenan's 73rd birthday.
  • Recent episode of Talk Is Jericho podcast show had the Singh Bros as the guests talking about the advice HBK gave to them, their future goals after their current run with Jinder ends, and the table spot with Orton during the Punjabi Prison match. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-jinder-mahal/

Some stuff from the TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote