Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #9663
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The following players have confirmed their participation in the World Baseball Classic:

Canada: Russell Martin
Colombia: Jose Quintana, Julio Teheran
Dominican Republic: Adrian Beltre, Robinson Cano, Manny Machado
Mexico: Adrian Gonzalez, Oliver Perez
Netherlands: Jonathan Schoop, Andrelton Simmons
Puerto Rico: Carlos Beltran, Yadier Molina
United States: Nolan Arenado, Kris Bryant, Andrew McCutchen, Max Scherzer, Christian Yelich
Venezuela: Jose Altuve, Carlos Gonzalez, Felix Hernandez, Salvador Perez

The WBC seems to get shit on a lot but personally I love it. Spring Training is ridiculously long, after about 2 weeks of games I'm tired of it and desperate for the season to start. At least the WBC is more interesting and helps break up the monotony of Spring Training.

I can see why teams get concerned about their pitchers participating, even with pitch limits you have guys throwing high stress innings in March. Never got the concern about position players going. Hitting is hitting, and most hitters are ready for the season after a few weeks.