View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 02:01 AM   #29756
Poit
The Champ is Here!

Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That was a pretty good show. Although, you know "that guy" at every wrestling event who constantly chants stupid shit? There was a group of them right behind me. Alas.

If anyone is interested in match results, here they are. Putting them in spoiler tags since it has the results of some teams advancing in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

SPOILER: show

Oney Lorkin beat Patrick Clark in a surprisingly good opening match. The crowd was pretty into both guys, but Clark got a significantly more positive reaction here than at Full Sail.

TM61 was scheduled to face Aries & Strong in a round 2 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match, but Aries's eye injury meant he couldn't wrestle. So, Shane Thorne beat Roderick Strong in a singles match to allow TM61 to advance. The crowd really did not like TM61.

Then Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake had yet another match. If the crowd disliked TM61, they hated these two. "Leave". "Delete". "You both suck". "Fight for-never". But, Blake still got a pop from shooting streamers from his hands before a frog splash for the win.

Asuka defends her NXT Women's Championship against someone named Daria. I don't recall seeing her on NXT before. She's seems to be some sort of boxer. Pretty sweet match. Lots of strikes and submissions. Daria got a pretty nice pop with a cross arm breaker - we were expecting the boxer to not have much in the way of submissions. Asuka wins, of course. They hug and walk up the ramp together after the match

Rich Swann & No Way Jose face the Authors of Pain in another round 2 match. Authors get lots of boos and D'Lo Brown chants, but they advance in the tournament nonetheless. The crowd loved Rich Swann. With the exception of the annoying guys behind me, the crowd loved No Way Jose. And I don't care enough about the Authors of Pain to write anything more about them.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are now the Best Friends of NXT, or something like that. Billie Kay faces Ember Moon, and this is another match that was better than I expected. Billie Kay is definitely improving as a wrestler. Ember Moon wins with that second rope cartwheel stunner thing. I'm just going to assume it's called the Crescent Moon, because seriously, why wouldn't it be called that?

Main event time. Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe vs. Tye Dillinger and Shinsuke Nakamura. The crowd just loves all four of these guys. Singing Roode's and Nakamura's theme songs, the constant "10" chants, etc. And if this match is any indication, the Roode/Dillinger feud is going to be pretty entertaining. Those two work so well together. The match ends with a Kinshasa to Roode, of course. Overall an excellent close to the evening.

Then I had to leave as soon as the bell rang. I had to run to the train station in the rain to catch the last train of the night.
Poit is offline   Reply With Quote