View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:54 AM   #23078
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
So at the end of the day you feel WWE should cater to you over the thousands of people in attendance who are repeat customers. And you awknowledge Roman is getting massive pops at arenas. So why would they stop pushing him? When an audience is dead silent for his matches, then you move on. When crowds dwindle then you move on. Neither has happened. And that's without a true passing of the torch program between Reigns and Cena.

They had another huge crowd for RAW last night. Going to have somewhere close to 100k at Mania. The fans were going absolutely crazy for the closing angle. I can't imagine people there saying they didn't enjoy themselves.

If you don't think all the cool WWE programming on the Network is worth $10 a month, that's great, you made the right call. Lots more people like me still enjoy the product. So who should WWE cater to? Me or you? If enough business metrics are heading south, then you will see changes. But right now, the majority of metrics are improving. So why would they change course?
I never said they should cater to ME, that would be silly. I just said what they put out no longer interests me. I also believe it would be in their best interests to "take a chance" now and again instead of churning out the same shit on a different day/week/month. A passing of the torch isn't needed, any viewer can see the stark similarities without trying.

I also don't acknowledge Reigns getting massive pops. Ambrose easily gets bigger pops consistently. He gets pops, not massive, and they are LARGELY mixed (hence the Cena reference). I also never said they should stop pushing him, just that it is the same ole formula and boring as fuck.

They can have huge crowds any given night, especially following a PPV. You think the place went nuts because Reigns was getting over or because HHH came off as a fucking badass and more people want to see THAT level of aggression? Surely you are joking if you believe people were cheering for Reigns (unless you REALLY wanna be tongue-in-cheek saying the cheers for him getting his ass beat are cheers regardless)

Mania will always sell itself based on name alone, period.

The backlog of content is great, no doubt. It also servers as a reminder that they could do much better if they actually tried harder. When they had competition, they were much better, out of necessity to defeat competition.

TL;DR

They can do what they want (and will regardless). It isn't for me as I don't get any "entertainment" from it anymore and therefore will no longer support them as a business. If they change their game in the future, I'll reconsider.

You also like to spin things and are inconsistent with your "arguments".
drave is offline   Reply With Quote