Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #4664
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post
Repertoire also has a lot to do with it. Those fireballing relievers are eventually gonna slow up.

That's part of the reason I love the idea of bringing in O'Day. As a submarine guy he guts through batters with off-speed stuff and a lot of movement. I don't think he's going to suddenly break down.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...odayda01.shtml

Those numbers are eye-popping for a sidearm pitcher. Looking at that chart depresses me knowing the Mets let him get away with poor roster management early in the 2009 season.
So was Jim Johnson. Then he woke up and sucked. I'm not saying O'Day is gonna tank but if I'm a contending team the team the last thing I'm looking to spend on is free agent relievers.