Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 10:27 AM   #4335
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Unless Alderson has a genuine surprise up his sleeve I can see the 2016 Mets having the same kind of question marks that they had when 2015 opened up: awesome pitching, but will they have enough offense to get by? I won't even count the loss of Cespedes since they didn't open last season with him...but losing Murph's consistent bat will hurt even if you do gain back some runs defensively.

Probably just going to need to sink or swim with Dilson Herrera at 2B. The Pacific Coast League is a notriously good hitter's league but even still you don't usually see 21 year old kids handle AAA pitching with ease the way he did. He has nothing left to prove at that level. Time to see if he has what it takes to stick in the big leagues.

If Alderson upgrades the lineup I guess CF is the default choice even though Lagares swung the bat well late in the year. They won't tie up a ton of money in Heyward, Upton, etc. nor should they. But the secondary market has some good players in Gerardo Parra, Denard Span, Colby Rasmus, and Dexter Fowler. None of those 4 should break the bank should the Mets try to rope one in.