View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #18563
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Here are the guys I would take for SmackDown:

* Apollo Crews: I'm not his biggest fan as of yet, but I think he'd make a great partner to Jack Swagger. It'd be a great way to incubate him, as I'd be having that team clash with Cesaro & Dolph Ziggler.

* Becky Lynch: I like the idea of the girls who just came up as part of the "Divas Revolution" spinning off and taking over their own show. That can be SmackDown. Give these girls a chance to get over on the blue brand before you interchange them and swap around rosters when you do the first draft.

* Braun Strowman: Not sold on the guy, but I imagine he's a package deal if I'm getting Bray Wyatt.

* Bray Wyatt: He's my top heel and second World Heavyweight Champion.

* Byron Saxton: I'm not sure if RAW would let me have him, because they seem to love him for whatever reason, but I'd use him around the place. He's got ring experience, commentary experience, ring announcing experience and I think he's even worked on the NXT creative team. If I need an announcer to get beat-down, he's my man. If I need someone to step up and be a manager, he's my man. He just seems like a "safe" guy to have around. He'd probably start off as my chief interviewer, but once Eden Stiles moves into competition, I probably use him as my ring announcer.

* Cesaro: I charge him as a babyface in the tag team division, teaming with Dolph Ziggler. Eventually they are bound to move up the card though.

* Charlotte: I put Charlotte against Summer Rae first. I then have that spill into a Ric Flair/Rusev confrontation. I probably go with Sasha Banks as my first Women's Champion, but Charlotte is bound to get some good runs either with the title or as Banks' top contender. I see big money in a Paige vs. Charlotte feud, but that probably happens on either RAW when they take Charlotte in the draft, or later down the track on SmackDown.

* Chris Jericho: He doesn't work TV anymore, but most of the guys Jericho likes to work with at live events would be on SmackDown after the draft, so I beg Vince to let me use him on my circuit and feature him on my roster page.

* Christian: He'd be my color commentator once I turn Jerry "The King" Lawler into a heel manager. To move Randy Orton off from Bray Wyatt, if I can get the clearance, I have Christian hit Orton with a steel chair in their final World Title match, revealing that he wants "One More Match" against his greatest rival...

* Cody Rhodes: I eventually imagine him winning the World Title from Randy Orton. I think he'd have a great run with Bray Wyatt too; but he might be better off starting in the mid-card of my shows. He'd make a tremendous Intercontinental Champion.

* Curtis Axel: Maybe there's no real main event potential in him, but he's a solid guy to have around to make others look good. I give him a chance to get over with his friendship with Damien Sandow and a rivalry against The Miz and R-Truth though. Face Axel vs. Heel Truth could be my last match before intermission at house shows or something.

* Damien Sandow: First he feuds with The Miz. Then R-Truth gets involved alongside The Miz. Axel comes in to help Sandow. Tag team matches. Sandow moves on to feud with another old rival in Cody Rhodes over the Intercontinental Title. Sandow wins it, and then offers to defend it against Curtis Axel out of respect. That might be where we see a heel turn from Axel, who aligns himself with Jerry Lawler, now doing heel manager work.

* Daniel Bryan: I don't know if I can get clearance to use him in the ring, but if not, I use him as a coach for Ryback or in a General Manager type position. Maybe he doesn't show up every week, but I get to promote him for special deals and such. I'd love to use him in an Intercontinental Title feud against Ryback or something.

* Dolph Ziggler: I put him with Cesaro and hope that having the best tag team matches ever will be beneficial to my brand somehow. He brings Lana over with him, so I also get a hot chick with some potential storylines to follow. Kevin Owens & Rusev are my big heels against Ziggler & Cesaro, but I also have a rivalry with Jack Swagger & Apollo Crews develop.

* El Torito; Hornswoggle: Torito comes over with Los Matadores, but eventually you're taking their masks. Do they keep the little bull? Maybe you can bring in someone to be "Little Dragon" with Lucha Dragons and have some matches at live events with Torito and Hornswoggle? I wouldn't make it a major part of programming, but I'd treat them as seriously as a guy named "Hornswoggle" can be treated.

* Eden Stiles: She'd be my ring announcer, but as Cody Rhodes become embroiled in a program with The Wyatt Family, she's bound to find herself a part of storylines. Eventually, once she gets good enough, you can slip her into active competition.

* Erick Rowan: I guess he comes over with The Wyatt Family. He worked well with Luke Harper, and if I'm being realistic and want to establish new Tag Team Champions, they'd be a good bet to go first. They could drop the titles to Cesaro & Ziggler, which launches my big program between them, Owens/Rusev and Swagger/Crews.

* Greg Hamilton: He's very similar to Byron Saxton, minus the commentary experience. I probably use him as a backstage interviewer once I switch Saxton to ring announcing -- or I have them alternate duties like that.

* Jack Swagger: I love Swaggie and think he could be used better, and don't think they'd be much of a fight to keep him on RAW. He's great in tag teams, so I'd refocus him that scene, giving a big rub to Apollo Crews. With Zeb Colter as their manager, they have someone who can talk. If I make Jerry Lawler the manager of Rusev/Owens, could you imagine a promo segment between Colter and King?

* Jerry Lawler: At first he's the color commentator, but when he sees a chance, he costs Dolph Ziggler a shot at the World Heavyweight Title. He fights Dolph Ziggler in an Empty Arena Match. But this all leads to King aligning himself with Rusev and becoming a heel manager. He takes Rusev & Kevin Owens to the newly re-established World Tag Team Championships, and eventually Curtis Axel to the Intercontinental Championship.

* Kevin Owens: He starts teaming with Rusev, simply because they see the benefit of working together to beat people up and make money. They eventually take on Jerry "The King" Lawler as a manager. If we're ballsy enough, we can have Kevin Owens Pop-Up Powerbomb Lana as a bit of an angle to get heat for the duo heading into matches against Cesaro & Ziggler. They're my big heel team alongside Harper & Rowan, who spend a lot of their time fighting Randy Orton, Ryback and my other top faces.

* Lana: She comes over with Dolph Ziggler and maybe has some matches with Summer Rae. She ends up the face manager of Ziggler & Cesaro, and maybe she is the eventual reason for their split? I could see her getting quite a big showing against Sasha Banks at some point.

* Los Matadores: They start off respectful faces, turn heel, lose their masks, have a heel run as a team, then maybe I have Primo turn on Fernando and try and make it as a heel on his own, eventually bringing back Epico for a blood-relative blood-feud.

* Lucha Dragons: I see a lot of potential in a Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores feud. After the Dragons dispatch of Diego y Fernando, I'm not really sure what then. Maybe they feud with the big bruisers in The Wyatt Family? Doing some work with Swagger & Crews would be cool too. I think you can get a lot of mileage out of them, and they might move some merchandise.

* Luke Harper: Bray Wyatt's first general. I see potential in him all over my roster. He could be one-half of the reinstated World Tag Team Championship, before dropping those titles to Ziggler & Cesaro. He could also have some good hard-hitting IC Title matches with Ryback. I'd probably have him win the title off Ryback (freeing Ryback up for a main event run), then drop it to Cody Rhodes. Eventually I'd like to see Harper in the main event.

* The Miz: I use him to put over Damien Sandow. I have him team with R-Truth, and I think they could be highly entertaining together again. I basically use The Miz to put over whoever he's working with. Eventually I consider even moving him away from the ring, if not permanently, just to give us a chance to not be overexposed to him. I can actually imagine a WWE Network or USA Network show, sort of like Tough Enough, where The Miz and Daniel Bryan lead opposite teams against each other.

* R-Truth: He's pretty good at everything, and I like the idea of him putting over Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow and working heel with Miz again. If The Wyatt Family need someone who can work if Strowman and Rowan don't pan out -- R-Truth becoming "Little Jimmy Wyatt" has potential.

* Randy Orton: My first World Heavyweight Champion. He feuds with Bray Wyatt before seguing into a feud with Christian (hopefully). He's a big star to get attention for the brand out the gate, and he gets another World Title out of it. His schedule is reduced due to being only on one show, and it's the show where he'll have the extra opportunity to spread his wings.

* Ric Flair: He shows up to confront Rusev about two things -- 1) being disparaging in regards to SmackDown, due to Rusev believing he's too big a "super athlete" for the "B-show"; and 2) insulting his daughter during a promo he cuts with Summer Rae. Rusev beats down Ric Flair, and if I can get away with it, I have Flair blade. At the same show King and Ziggler have their Empty Arena Match, Ric Flair challenges Rusev to show up and fight him. Charlotte begs him not to, but you can't stop Ric Flair being Ric Flair. King helps out Rusev and becomes his new manager, putting him together with Kevin Owens. Ric Flair then probably just gets used for special appearances.

* Rich Brennan: I much prefer him to Tom Phillips, for whatever reason. He's my play-by-play guy with Jerry Lawler, then Christian, and then either Corey Graves or Byron Saxton. He becomes "The Voice of SmackDown."

* Rusev: He's my heel bruiser with Kevin Owens against Ziggler & Cesaro. This will help him improve his ring skills. It's more than likely he and Owens would get a run with my World Tag Team Championship at some point. He gains Jerry Lawler as a manager, and eventually works his way up the card.

* Sasha Banks: This girl radiates "star." RAW probably wouldn't want me to have her, but it seems counter-productive to have her on the same show as Nikki Bella, and they'll want to keep Nikki happy by having her work RAW. Banks is the new girl, so she can carve out a fresh niche. She'd be my first choice for Women's Champion, but she'd probably drop the title to Charlotte, although I'd find a way to have her win it back. I then probably give Becky Lynch a run with the belt, but then Summer Rae gets manipulated into helping Banks win the title back. Then I probably have Lana get a shock run with the title, but either Banks or Summer Rae wins it back from her, and if it's Summer, then Banks is bound to be upset with her. You get the picture. Banks is probably something like a four-time Women's Champion by the time the next draft comes around.

* Summer Rae: She's actually not the worst in the ring, and had a good gimmick in NXT. She hasn't found traction on the main roster, but this alliance with Rusev has got some legs. She can have some matches with Lana and Charlotte, and eventually she and Becky Lynch are bound to mix it up. That will make her better. She's the sort of heel female performer that's not going to get accidentally cheered for being awesome.

* Wade Barrett: I don't really have a clear vision for him, but I guess I want to "save" him from RAW. I think his background, size and promo ability make him a "can't-miss" sort of talent, but he suffers from there really being no room at the top. There would be on my show. He'd find himself aligned with Randy Orton taking on The Wyatt Family at some point, and basically keeping everything grungy that there is in the underground fighter personality, but just pointing it towards evil. "The British are coming for your head."

* Zeb Colter: Man, is this guy both a promo and a wrestling mind. Having him around would be great. He manages Jack Swagger and Apollo Crews, and they probably get a run with the Tag Team Championship at some point.

That still leaves RAW with:

* Adam Rose
* Alicia Fox
* Big E
* Big Show
* Bo Dallas
* Brie Bella
* Brock Lesnar
* Booker T
* Bubba Ray Dudley
* Cameron
* Corey Graves