View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #17498
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My now ideal SummerSlam card:

Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns

-Rollins retains the World Title at Battleground when The Undertaker returns and makes Lesnar his target. Reigns defeats Bray Wyatt and wants the title shot. Dean Ambrose interjects himself (possibly violently) and doesn't want to be overshadowed. Cue the Triple Threat everybody wants to see.

The Beast vs. The Phenom
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

-The gong goes off at Battleground and Taker is in the ring ready to Tombstone Brock. I know this isn't everybody's favorite match, but it does make sense for Taker to have a rematch with Brock in mind, and it keeps the WWE World Title on Rollins for a little while longer.

WrestleMania Rematch
Triple H vs. Sting

-I'm not too big on Sting being at SummerSlam, but if he is, I guess it would make sense for Sting to get his win back. I'd be all for Cesaro vs. Sting, but I can't see that happening.

United States Championship
If John Cena loses, he can never challenge for the United States Championship again
Kevin Owens (c) vs. John Cena

-Owens vs. Cena has been a bright spot for the WWE. When Owens wins the US Title at Battleground, does Cena just walk off into the sunset? Of course he's going to try and get another match against Owens. The caveat being added that Cena needs to win this match to ever be US Champion again is both a heat-builder for Owens, and something that would put the Cenation on edge.

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

-Orton beats Sheamus at Battleground. I know people don't like MITB winners losing all the time, but a loss to Orton hardly hurts Sheamus. Orton looks good in his hometown and reminds people that he matters. Bray Wyatt, off his loss to Reigns, targets Orton as a sharpening tool for his own skills, so he can one day challenge Reigns again and beat him. "Make me better, Randy."

Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler

-This one is pretty obvious. These two have issues and want to fight at SummerSlam. Lana is in the corner of Ziggler and Summer Rae is in the corner of Rusev.

3 vs. 3 vs. 3
The Bella Army vs. Paige, Charlotte & Becky Lynch vs. Team BAD

-These girls are good enough to make this work. They could knock this off at Battleground, but they might be saving it for SummerSlam. Fair enough.

Intercontinental Championship
Cesaro (c) vs. Chris Jericho

-Ryback plays injured for a bit longer and Cesaro wins the IC Title in a re-established Triple Threat at Battleground. Lana is the force behind getting Cesaro into the match, as she's taken him on as a client after being impressed by his victory over Rusev on SmackDown. Cesaro becomes a fighting IC Champion, and defends the title against The Miz, Big Show, Rusev (with a little help from Ziggler to protect Rusev) and Neville heading into this match with the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all-time. Jericho gets announced as being from Manhasset, New York for this one.

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) vs. Stardust & Neville

-The New Day steal the Tag Titles from The Prime Time Players in the coming weeks. Maybe not at Battleground, but sometime. Stardust & Neville's little rivalry comes to a head in a third match, where Neville gets the clean win with the Red Arrow. The Ascension come out and say that when they are down trawling the WWE, there will be no more heroes. Welcome to the wasteland. They beat-down Neville, but something snaps in Stardust and he returns to the ring to make the save. Stardust begins his journey to hero status, or pretends to still be a villain whilst clearly having a heart of gold. Something like that. They become the #1 Contenders for the Tag Team Titles and we have this fun little match. Oh, and Arrow shuts up Xavier Woods in this match.

Kickoff Six-Man Tag Team Match
King Barrett, Big Show & The Miz vs. The Prime Time Players & R-Truth

-I really don't want Barrett vs. Truth to continue, but I'm just scrapping this together. The Miz and Big Show find themselves united after being thrown a curve-ball at Battleground. Miz reasons that they worked well together, even if they do loathe each other. "Do you want to be a champion or not?" They also both feel a bit abused by The Authority's lack of recent support for them. R-Truth turns on The Prime Time Players here, and joins rank with Miz and Big Show. Miz sort of puts together a bit of a faction to try and make himself relevant again.

Last edited by Mr. Nerfect; 07-18-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote